New laptop networking problems, help?

ShiroArikawa

My new Laptop is having networking issues, the Intel Dual Band AC-8260 always says: "It had trouble starting up" or such. I have to use device manager and disable it and then re-enable it just to have it work for around one minute, two tops. It started happening after I got on a different microsoft account/user on windows 10 to install my already purchased version of office 365, help?

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

35 minutes ago, ShiroArikawa said:

My new Laptop is having networking issues, the Intel Dual Band AC-8260 always says: "It had trouble starting up" or such. I have to use device manager and disable it and then re-enable it just to have it work for around one minute, two tops. It started happening after I got on a different microsoft account/user on windows 10 to install my already purchased version of office 365, help?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver maybe, I haven't the foggiest idea

1 minute ago, Jwalbrecht2000 said:

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver maybe, I haven't the foggiest idea

Now its gone entirely from device manager, should i just take it back to the store? its a 14 day return policy.

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

1 minute ago, Jwalbrecht2000 said:

Hang on, there's a new driver for it, have you updated them at all recently? http://ark.intel.com/products/86068/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8260#@downloads

before it disappeared i tried updating it and it said it had the newest driver

Just now, ShiroArikawa said:

before it disappeared i tried updating it and it said it had the newest driver

Yeah, probably a good idea to take it back then, for replacement or repair.

sigh, faulty hardware then? got it 2 days ago.

1 minute ago, ShiroArikawa said:

sigh, faulty hardware then? got it 2 days ago.

I guess, I find it hard to tell when it fails after installing office 360, that's pretty arbitrary; The place you bought it from might be able to tell what exactly went wrong.

At least it happened early, when you're able to return it.

2 minutes ago, Jwalbrecht2000 said:

I guess, I find it hard to tell when it fails after installing office 360, that's pretty arbitrary; The place you bought it from might be able to tell what exactly went wrong.

At least it happened early, when you're able to return it.

fucking bestbuy lol Ahem.. I mean Worstbuy-ever

12 hours ago, XYZLegoManZYX said:

Can you return it?

did

On 4/3/2016 at 8:50 PM, Jwalbrecht2000 said:

They give you any crap about it?

nah