[WORLDWIDE] Free Game Development Course by Udemy

TechFnatic

Hey guys if you're interested in game development with Unity I came across a pretty sick deal. This is a $250 course but it's free at the moment, there is a solid 21 hours of content and it's taught by a legitimate academy:

https://www.udemy.com/unity3d-master-unity-by-building-games-from-scratch/?couponCode=CODE7&siteID=lzAk459zR_w-3boQdmiogE5n3a8lwtl.3Q&pmtag=ALMAGEST13&LSNPUBID=lzAk459zR%2Fw

Have Fun!

Awesome!

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

6 hours ago, MaxBunny said:

Too bad it's Unity. Otherwise nice.

Why too bad?

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M 

4 hours ago, fank said:

Why too bad?

It's a popular engine only due to their marketing campaigns. On its own it's a subpar product with worse licensing terms for its main demographic (indie developers) than its competition. But to each their own.

Thank you a lot! 

Intel i7 6700k @4.6 1.330v  cooled with H110i GT // 16Gb Kingston Fury DDR4 ram @2133MHz // Rx 480 Nitro+ // 2TB + 1 TB Hdd  // 250 GbSSD // on an Asus Z170-A // powered with Corsair RM750i // all  inside a Corsair 600C

14 hours ago, MaxBunny said:

It's a popular engine only due to their marketing campaigns. On its own it's a subpar product with worse licensing terms for its main demographic (indie developers) than its competition. But to each their own.

If you dont mind, can you suggest your preference for indie developers?

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M 

11 hours ago, fank said:

If you dont mind, can you suggest your preference for indie developers?

Unreal Engine 4 is the top one. You get full access from the getgo and royalties are only once you make money (per project, not total). Lots of resources and you don't have to worry about what it can't do. You can also tweet out your project to them and they'll retweet you for some free advertisement. Unity Pro and licensing are unnecessary upfront costs and only make sense if you can clear around $90,000 I think it was, and they're always trying to sell you something.

Cryengine is good on the licensing I hear but development time is slow and it doesn't have as many resources. But everything made with it tends to get attention easily. RPG Maker Ace is really cheap to get (around $1) if you want to develop something really fast with no additional costs. There are some other free ones with low to no licensing (Torque I think?) but I'm not much for anything that wants me to compile it myself and lacks menus. But anything that doesn't involve Unity or Java is a safe bet in my books.