Capture Card

Arkaea

Dunno where I should start this one, so here it goes.

I've been into streaming quite a while now, and I havent seen anyone replying accurately to most people questions when it comes to capture cards, specially now that there are so many in the market.

I've been interested in geting one for myself but I dont know which one to pick. I'm interested in the best quality possible, 1080p60. 

Should I pick something like the razer ripsaw (external 1080p60) or the avermedia live gamer (pci-express 1080p, not sure about the frames) ?

I'm only interested in PC recording, I know the pci express cards deliver no latency at all but I'm not sure if there's one who can record at 1080p60, the razer ripsaw records at 1080p60 and has a really low latency since it is usb3.0. I even considered the avermedia live gamer extreme, external 1080p60, but afaik its software is quite bugged atm, but enlighten me,  I can simply use it through OBS without using its software right?

I'm using a 5960x and a rampage v extreme, if that matters.

If your just going to stream  pc games just use obs or xsplit you need no capture card. A capture card to to record a console or tv.

I guess the question is, why do you think you need a capture card?  You're streaming from your PC, you have no need to have a capture card in the PC you game on at all.  It's not going to do anything for you.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

And how do I get the 1080p60 on a pc while streaming ?

21 minutes ago, Arkaea said:

OBS

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 hours ago, Arkaea said:

You know if you go 1080p 60fps only people with good internet can watch. But just make your resaloution in obs 1080p and set fps to 60 it's all in the settings just look at every setting option and set it to that