Android 6 is finally here for Oneplus 2

asim1999

It's about time! This build is the final-pre release version before the official OTA in the next few days 

You can download it here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-3-0-community-build-now-available-for-oneplus-2.439059/

Here’s what’s new in this build:

• Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade 

• New OnePlus Camera UI
    • UI has been cleaned up: swiping up/down now switches between photo/video, whereas HD/HDR and flash settings live in the top right corner
    • You can now change the aspect ratio and toggle grid view without going all the way to the settings
  • New wallpaper picker
    • Easily preview and set both home screen and lock screen wallpaper in one place.
  • Shelf UX has been improved
    • No more edit mode, long press boards to rearrange or remove
  • General system performance improvements
    • Benchmarked 47% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on key test scenarios
  • Fingerprint performance improvement
    • Tested 45% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on average
  • Settings changes
    • Old app permissions are gone, say hi to new (native Android) app permissions.
    • Alert Slider has its own entry point with more customization options
    • Improved settings menu readability by changing the order a bit
  • March security patches

Here is a guide on how to install it:https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/installation-instructions-faqs-oxygenos-3-0-0.439108/

Here are the instructions from the guide if you have not installed a custom recovery. I managed to upgrade my OP2 in 10-15 minutes. It's very easy

users don't want to not loose apps :- Might lead to Play Services Crashes in the beginning]
[If users are ready to loose apps]
  • Download OxygenOS Zip from here :- http://oxygenos.oneplus.net/OnePlus2Oxygen_3.0_beta_bb10c034d8a4466d.zip
  • Put Zip anywhere in Internal Storage.
  • Power Off Your Phone.
  • Reboot into recovery by pressing power+volume down button .
  • Select English.
  • Select Wipe Data and Cache.Wipe Data and Cache.It might take some time.
  • Go to recovery home.
  • Select Install from Local.
  • Select the Zip.
  • Click on Install
  • Wait for it to Install !!!!
  • Reboot.
  • Done.

Its very stable and much faster than in Android 5.1.1. This is how OP2 should have been from the start. It uses the new Fingerprint API that the latest nexus phones use, so the fingerprint scanner is much faster and much more accurate, and is on par with all the latest android flagships. However it is a bit laggy at the start. Let apps update and reboot a few times. 

post your experiences with the update s I would like to know 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

2 minutes ago, CtW said:

I just got it on my LG V10. The improvements to the fingerprint readers is amazing.

Yes, good thing Google opened up the fingerprint API from the new nexus phones

it works wonders 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Great news. Performance improvements are always welcome. I'll just wait for the official release for my OP2

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

2 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

R.I.P my OPO ;(

Download the latest CM13 builds

4 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

Download the latest CM13 builds

I think only nightlies have been released

34 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

No, download the latest snapshot build 

6 hours ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Well, I find cyanogenmod nightlies to be pretty stable. More stable than Sony's software on my Z2, that's for sure xD

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

5 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Well, I find cyanogenmod nightlies to be pretty stable. More stable than Sony's software on my Z2, that's for sure xD

Yeah, Screw sony!

Their software sucks. 

My old Xperia SP was supposed to get updated to Android 4.4 but sony called it a day and didnt even update it. They also ended software support for it 2 months early 

1 minute ago, asim1999 said:

Yeah, Screw sony!

Their software sucks. 

My old Xperia SP was supposed to get updated to Android 4.4 but sony called it a day and didnt even update it. They also ended software support for it 2 months early 

Ikr!? I have to give it to them though, since they allow me to unlock the bootloader so I can replace their shitty software :P
The worst thing is that their skin is supposed to be really close to stock and only have a few extra features. And it is taking them months to release Marshmallow. I honestly don't know what they're smoking there. Hell, even Samsung is better at updates -_-

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

1 minute ago, FakezZ said:

Ikr!? I have to give it to them though, since they allow me to unlock the bootloader so I can replace their shitty software :P
The worst thing is that their skin is supposed to be really close to stock and only have a few extra features. And it is taking them months to release Marshmallow. I honestly don't know what they're smoking there. Hell, even Samsung is better at updates -_-

Even OnePlus is better and they have only been marking phones for 2 years!

This is highly disappointing, I thought OnePlus would be fairly timely with oxygenOS, being 6 months late to the party is not acceptable.

5 minutes ago, tsk said:

This is highly disappointing, I thought OnePlus would be fairly timely with oxygenOS, being 6 months late to the party is not acceptable.

True. 

Its basically stock Android.

At least they are trying considering this is their second phone 

7 hours ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

No there is a stable release released 1 month ago.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular