HDD to m.2

Travis23s

I have an acer aspire v nitro vn7-591G. It is a bit tricky to get under the hood, so I want to do everything at the same time. My question is how do I move just the OS from the HDD to the m.2 SSD when I install it? Also, what is the best free download for removing bloatware? 

Thanks SO Much

11 hours ago, Travis23s said:

~snip~

Hey there Travis23s,

The SSD should be coming with a cloning tool that can do the job. You would have to connect the SSD externally with a cable or an enclosure and then clone the old drive over the new one. 

A few notes on this:
- The software should be able to clone only the boot partition, otherwise you are risking to corrupt the data once it's on the SSD since the tool will run out of space if it's cloning the whole HDD. 
- Cloning a HDD on a SSD isn't really recommended as the SSD might be recognized as a HDD and thus have some compatibility issues.
- It's recommended to do a fresh clean install if you can so you avoid any potential problems. :)

Post back if you need more info!

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

16 hours ago, Captain_WD said:

Hey there Travis23s,

The SSD should be coming with a cloning tool that can do the job. You would have to connect the SSD externally with a cable or an enclosure and then clone the old drive over the new one. 

A few notes on this:
- The software should be able to clone only the boot partition, otherwise you are risking to corrupt the data once it's on the SSD since the tool will run out of space if it's cloning the whole HDD. 
- Cloning a HDD on a SSD isn't really recommended as the SSD might be recognized as a HDD and thus have some compatibility issues.
- It's recommended to do a fresh clean install if you can so you avoid any potential problems. :)

Post back if you need more info!

Captain_WD.

Thank you! That's very helpful