CM Quickfire?

RagnarokDel

is it a good mechanical keyboard?

I know it doesnt do macro and doesnt have software support but I dont care about that gimmick I just want a keyboard with nice cherry mx switches.

In short, yes they're decent. They tend to be some of the cheapest mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX switches (and backlighting), without sacrificing build quality.

Cherry themselves sell the MX Board 3.0 which can be found cheaper, if you don't need the keys lit.

6 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

is it a good mechanical keyboard?

I know it doesnt do macro and doesnt have software support but I dont care about that gimmick I just want a keyboard with nice cherry mx switches.

They're alright for a cheap MX board. I'd suggest the G710+ though, its well featured and normally at a really good price. Personally, I don't care about RGB this and that, or Macro stuff, but backlighting is a plus, and media controls are a must have dealbreaker. If you don't need any of that, then yeah sure that will be a perfectly good keyboard :) 

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

5 minutes ago, CapricaBuccaneers said:

In short, yes they're decent. They tend to be some of the cheapest mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX switches (and backlighting), without sacrificing build quality.

Cherry themselves sell the MX Board 3.0 which can be found cheaper, if you don't need the keys lit.

I was looking because of this http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-ultimate-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-refurbished/

3 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

They're alright for a cheap MX board. I'd suggest the G710+ though, its well featured and normally at a really good price. Personally, I don't care about RGB this and that, or Macro stuff, but backlighting is a plus, and media controls are a must have dealbreaker. If you don't need any of that, then yeah sure that will be a perfectly good keyboard :) 

It has backlightning :o

2 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

It has backlightning :o

Oh cool :) in that case I'd say go for it. I don't find macros to be that awesome, and you can even bind mouse buttons to volume control if you like ;) that's what I do.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

I have that exact model (CM QuickFire Ultimate) with blue switches and I've been using it for over two years with no problems at all. The build quality is solid and my key caps don't have any signs of fading.

CPU: Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz, base-clock) Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: Asus Z97-E RAM: (2 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 380 STRIX Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Thermaltake SMART 750W HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

7 minutes ago, NuclearNooblet said:

I have that exact model (CM QuickFire Ultimate) with blue switches and I've been using it for over two years with no problems at all. The build quality is solid and my key caps don't have any signs of fading.

Aight :o I'm probably going to buy it once they get blue switches. I love them clicky switches :P

4 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Aight :o I'm probably going to buy it once they get blue switches. I love them clicky switches :P

True! Not so fun trying to type a paper late at night while your family's asleep but nothing beats the clicking experience of the blues. Good price and good investment! xD

CPU: Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz, base-clock) Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: Asus Z97-E RAM: (2 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 380 STRIX Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Thermaltake SMART 750W HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

1 hour ago, NuclearNooblet said:

True! Not so fun trying to type a paper late at night while your family's asleep but nothing beats the clicking experience of the blues. Good price and good investment! xD

I solved the issue, I dont have a family/girlfriend. I just have cats.