I'm looking to use a pair of Corsair Hydro Series HG10 N970 to cool my GPUS. (I have an extra H60 laying around and one my buddy is no longer using). I figure the air 240 is a tight fit (It can be done http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2014/november/dennis_build_log) so I think im going to get the Corsair air 540.

While I'm at it I think ill get a new MOBO so i can space out my 970's.

Any thoughts on this upgrade, anything you guys recommend? (different case, just using a single gpu with Water cooling, etc)

Thanks a lot,

Cheers

1326.JPG

1328.JPG

1329.JPG

1334.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

CPU: i7 4790k Motherboard: Z97 Gryphon Asus MATX RAM 16GB: Kingston Hyper X 1600mhz GPU: NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 970 4GB (2 Way-SLI) Case: Corsair Air 240 Storage:1TB Samsung 840 Evo PSU: Corsair 750w Bronze Display(s): ASUS ROG Swift (2) Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Sound: Sennheiser G4me Zero, Audio Engine A5+ S8 Sub Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate https://pcpartpicker.com/user/negrocaucasian/saved/#view=yb3dnQ

tbh you have a great setup and if it works I don't recomend changing it. it is fantastic and why bother changing some minimal stuff that might make some problems?

1 minute ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

tbh you have a great setup and if it works I don't recomend changing it. it is fantastic and why bother changing some minimal stuff that might make some problems?

#1 GPU's get hot, and top card throttles occasionally.

#2 GPU's get loud due to the above

#3 I Haven't put a penny into my pc for the last 15 months and I want to tinker with it.

#4 From my math, case is about $120, GPU blocks are $80 and new mobo would be about $140. for a little over $300 I could have the fun of building a "new" PC and better performance, aesthetics and acoustics. 

CPU: i7 4790k Motherboard: Z97 Gryphon Asus MATX RAM 16GB: Kingston Hyper X 1600mhz GPU: NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 970 4GB (2 Way-SLI) Case: Corsair Air 240 Storage:1TB Samsung 840 Evo PSU: Corsair 750w Bronze Display(s): ASUS ROG Swift (2) Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Sound: Sennheiser G4me Zero, Audio Engine A5+ S8 Sub Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate https://pcpartpicker.com/user/negrocaucasian/saved/#view=yb3dnQ

Just now, Negrocaucasian said:

#1 GPU's get hot, and top card throttles occasionally.

#2 GPU's get loud due to the above

#3 I Haven't put a penny into my pc for the last 15 months and I want to tinker with it.

#4 From my math, case is about $120, GPU blocks are $80 and new mobo would be about $140. for a little over $300 I could have the fun of building a "new" PC and better performance, aesthetics and acoustics. 

Good gpu blocks should actaully be about 120$-150$ or more a good mobo would be about that price a good case would be about 150$ or more depending. Then again go ahead I would do it I just never recommend it.

4 minutes ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

Good gpu blocks should actaully be about 120$-150$ or more a good mobo would be about that price a good case would be about 150$ or more depending. Then again go ahead I would do it I just never recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-Edition-Cooling-CB-9060005-WW/dp/B0151PYG4E

Thanks

sorry I thought you would be doing custom cooling because you would also have to buy a +100$ AIO cooler with those 40$ gpu blocks. That actually makes it harder on you because you would need to have some ridiculous routing for the tubes. 

3 minutes ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

sorry I thought you would be doing custom cooling because you would also have to buy a +100$ AIO cooler with those 40$ gpu blocks. That actually makes it harder on you because you would need to have some ridiculous routing for the tubes. 

dude did you even read the post haha, i have two h60 AIO coolers available for NO COST. You gotta stop replying if you dont know how to read man

dude did you even read the post haha, i have two h60 AIO coolers available for NO COST. You gotta stop replying if you dont know how to read man

Please don't insult me, I am sorry if I didn't care to read the rest of the post I gave my opinion thus far and so be it deal with it yourself as far as I see it you will run in to many problems and if you want to continue to do this by all means do it but be wary just don't come crying when you actually can't start your pc or you have to send something back.

1 minute ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

Please don't insult me, I am sorry if I didn't care to read the rest of the post I gave my opinion thus far and so be it deal with it yourself as far as I see it you will run in to many problems and if you want to continue to do this by all means do it but be wary just don't come crying when you actually can't start your pc or you have to send something back.

you are talking shit when you didn't even read the post, i dont understand why someone would spend time to post something without reading what they are replying too.

you are talking shit when you didn't even read the post, i dont understand why someone would spend time to post something without reading what they are replying too.

I don't believe I have insulted you or anything involving you thus far in this post. Have I? If so please quote it, and if not then continue to lie. And oh I am so sorry that I don't advertise my dislexia and my reading problem, should I have to? No. 

Just now, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

I don't believe I have insulted you or anything involving you thus far in this post. Have I? If so please quote it, and if not then continue to lie. And oh I am so sorry that I don't advertise my dislexia and my reading problem, should I have to? No. 

last post of mine, my definition of talking shit isn't spitting insults, its speaking bullshit IE responding to something when you don't know what the situation/question is.

Cheers

spitting bullshit means lying which is what you are doing. Also you don't have a question AT ALL. Also my apologies for missing one stupid sentence if the entire post. Also not gonna lie but your definition doesn't mean shit to anyone but you. I don't know what your definition of anything is unless you state it. I only know my moral definition and the factual definition. Therefore you seem to be the only person here spouting "bullshit".