Replace Define R4 LED

Chuck38
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
Just now, Chuck38 said:

Yep those should be good, you might need a bit of hot glue to hold it into the plastic housing but other than that it should be fairly straight forward. 

Hello,

Will this work to replace the front LED on my Fractal Design Define R4? http://www.amazon.com/StarSide-Lights--wired-volt-leds-/dp/B01AFJZFQY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1459128690&sr=8-5&keywords=3+mm+red+led+lights

Thanks,

-Chuck

CPU: i3-8100 | Motherboard: ASRock Z370M-itx a/c | GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition | RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4-2400 8GB | Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD/ Crucial 240GB SSD | PSU: EVGA 750w G2 | Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S | OS: Windows 10 Home

2 minutes ago, Chuck38 said:

-SNIP-

Those are wired up for 12V operation with a resistor so it wouldn't work where for a front panel power LED they are directly current limited and powered by the pins so you would just need a regular 3mm LED and to cut out and solder on the new one. 

Just now, W-L said:

Those are wired up for 12V operation with a resistor so it wouldn't work where for a front panel power LED they are directly current limited and powered by the pins so you would just need a regular 3mm LED and to cut out and solder on the new one. 

Okie dokie, thanks.

Would this work? http://www.amazon.com/3mm-LED-Bulb--Red-Pack/dp/B003KWDVHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459125132&sr=8-1&keywords=red+3mm+led

CPU: i3-8100 | Motherboard: ASRock Z370M-itx a/c | GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition | RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4-2400 8GB | Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD/ Crucial 240GB SSD | PSU: EVGA 750w G2 | Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S | OS: Windows 10 Home

Just now, Chuck38 said:

Yep those should be good, you might need a bit of hot glue to hold it into the plastic housing but other than that it should be fairly straight forward. 

Just now, W-L said:

Alrighty, Thanks for the information and quick response! :)