R9 270 Problems

Camcognito
Go to solution Solved by Luc401,

Go to device manager and see if your see your GPU in there. Is your monitor plugged in through the video card?

So I'm kind of confused right now. I hopped on Minecraft today and noticed that my fps was significantly low (struggling to keep 60) 

My pc normally gets a lot more so I assumed that the gpu wasn't working properly. I ran the AMD driver auto-detect and it says that all my drivers are set up and up to date. (I updated  them last night) So I tried to open the AMD Settings app and I got this error 

c633471375d8d0c339805935507620aa.png

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Go to device manager and see if your see your GPU in there. Is your monitor plugged in through the video card?

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

2 hours ago, Luc401 said:

omggggggggggggggggggggg

I just re-setup my pc and i forgot to plug the cable into my gpu LOL

that wil most likely fix it thanks :$

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

I did not update the drivers when Crimson prompted me last night, maybe that was a good thing :P

Try restarting your PC, and installing the latest driver again.  If that does not do it, install an older driver version.

Just now, Camcognito said:

omggggggggggggggggggggg

I just re-setup my pc and i forgot to plug the cable into my gpu LOL

that wil most likely fix it thanks :$

No problem man, glad this helped.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

2 hours ago, stconquest said:

I did not update the drivers when Crimson prompted me last night, maybe that was a good thing :P

Try restarting your PC, and installing the latest driver again.  If that does not do it, install an older driver version.

haha it was a noob mistake (gpu plugged into motherboard)

the latest drivers work fine B|

2 minutes ago, Camcognito said:

haha it was a noob mistake (gpu plugged into motherboard)

the latest drivers work fine B|

:)