Refurbished EVGA video cards. Yay or Nay?

mdinelle

Title says it all!

Given the current state of the Canadian dollar, but more importantly, the games I actually play on my pc, I don't feel like spending more than 250$ to upgrade my old Radeon 6850.

I noticed that a refurbished EVGA GTX 960 could be purchased for around that price, it also has a 1 year warranty, to me it seems like it would fit the bill quite nicely.

However, I've never bought anything refurbished before and I wanted to ask this community : have you ever done such a thing and how was the experience?  Would you do it again?  What was the state of the product?

Thanks for sharing :)

I bought my 980 from B-stock about 4 months ago, and have had zero problems out of it. Can't even tell the thing was ever really used. The only thing I have noticed is a coil whine while running 3d mark, but have never encountered this during normal gaming. But, coil whine is possible even being brand new. 

$250 Canadian seems pretty close to the price of a brand new GTX 960 here in Australia.

What's the price of a brand new 960 where you're at?

I'm assuming your price of $250 is Canadian?  Here in the states I can buy a evga 960 for $169.

220$ Cad on Newegg.ca plus taxes and shipping.

11 minutes ago, mdinelle said:

220$ Cad on Newegg.ca plus taxes and shipping.

This one here is the cheapest i could find for Canada at $239 after a mail in rebate if you don't mind doing those. I have never had a problem getting my rebates from evga.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-960-2gb-4c-105153-1209.htm?affiliateid=7474144