Fried gpu?

DigitalPunch

A while back my build just stopped working. I meant to fix it but never got to it. And now today I turned on the build but after I put in my vga port into my graphics card nothing is displayed. I then retried with an hdmi port to my motherboard and it works. Is it possible that I fried my gpu?

Specs:

cpu:i5-4670k | Ram: 16gb | Case:Nzxt phantom 520 | Psu: corsair tx850 gold
mobo: Asus hero | Gpu: evga 780 | Storage: seagate 2tb/smamsung evo 240gb

Sound: Corsair 2100 / Mouse: Corsair m65 mouse / Keyboard: Corsair k70 / Display Vizio 23inch hdtv (changing soon)

2 minutes ago, DigitalPunch said:

A while back my build just stopped working. I meant to fix it but never got to it. And now today I turned on the build but after I put in my vga port into my graphics card nothing is displayed. I then retried with an hdmi port to my motherboard and it works. Is it possible that I fried my gpu?

Specs:

possible but unlikely. have you tried reseating it?

if that fails boot of the onboard, remove all the drivers, then reinstall the latest one.

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

46 minutes ago, astranger200 said:

possible but unlikely. have you tried reseating it?

if that fails boot of the onboard, remove all the drivers, then reinstall the latest one.

I reseated the graphics card and sadly that failed as well. I tried going to "device manager" to reinstall the drivers but the device doesn't even show up there the only graphics card popping up is the motherboards on board card. Is there any thing else I can do? Oh and thanks for helping :D

Sound: Corsair 2100 / Mouse: Corsair m65 mouse / Keyboard: Corsair k70 / Display Vizio 23inch hdtv (changing soon)

1 minute ago, DigitalPunch said:

I reseated the graphics card and sadly that failed as well. I tried going to "device manager" to reinstall the drivers but the device doesn't even show up there the only graphics card popping up is the motherboards on board card. Is there any thing else I can do? Oh and thanks for helping :D

I really dont know. It could be a psu issue (hopefully)

take it to a friends house and try it in his system...

if it still has warranty rma it

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

I was able to get my hands on another graphics card (gtx 640) and this worked fine. Is it safe to say its the gpu?