Opinions Wanted (Damaged Laptop)

So I've had my Dell Inspiron 13 for over a year now and I love it, I use it daily for my college work and thus I carry it around in my backpack. I don't ever toss my backpack down and I'm pretty careful when im taking it off but somehow I've damaged my laptop near the usb ports. The port still works and the damage is purely cosmetic but it's an ugly reminder that I failed to keep my laptop in near perfect condition. So I wanted the opinions of the people here. Should I turn in my 2-Year accidental damage warrenty to have the damage repaired or should I hold out till the end of my warranty gets closer. The warrenty expires March of next year. 

Heres a photo of the damage.

IMG_20160325_112416878_zps4lxipfdn.jpg

Lord of Helium.

1 minute ago, Burusutazu said:

So I've had my Dell Inspiron 13 for over a year now and I love it, I use it daily for my college work and thus I carry it around in my backpack. I don't ever toss my backpack down and I'm pretty careful when im taking it off but someone I've damaged my laptop near the usb ports. The port still works and the damage is purely cosmetic but it's an ugly reminder that I failed to keep my laptop in near perfect condition. So I wanted the opinions of the people here. Should I turn in my 2-Year accidental damage warrenty to have the damage repaired or should I hold out till the end of my warranty gets closer. The warrenty expires March of next year. 

Heres a photo of the damage.

IMG_20160325_112416878_zps4lxipfdn.jpg

That´s it? Wait till the near end of warranty if you need the laptop on a daily basis. If not, just copy over important files to an external hard drive, and bring the warranty in now.

If it still works, just wait till the end of the warranty. I would use this as an excuse to not worry about keeping it in such great condition. 

If it's only cosmetic, I'd wait as something more serious might arise.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

use the warranty so they would replace the port and the case for you

Main rig aka "Spatra"

cpu :Amd athlon x2    gpu:Palit gt 640  hdd:some toshiba hard drive that might die soon озу :4 gb case:some case from delux with custom paint

phones:  main one philips s396 backup samsung sgh-d780