Storage Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

I have been running two SSD's in RAID-0 for years now (without backups, only because it just holds windows)... never had an issue. But to be fair you wont see any real life speed improvement over just a single HDD, most of the reason I do it is to pool the storage space into a single location. (x2 128 = 256GB).

Edit: you will get loading time improvements in games, but no more FPS etc...

Ok, I currently have a 1TB SSHD in my system and am looking to expand. I was thinking of acquiring two SSD's and run them in RAID 0 and backing them up to the SSHD. I just wanted some opinions if people think I'm not doing the right thing or if I should run the SSD's in raid 1. The plan is to keep the operating system on the SSHD but move my games to the SSD's to increase the gaming experience. The SSD's are Samsung 850 EVO's at 500GB each giving me 1TB more.

Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Edition

CPU: Intel i5-4670K 3.40GHz

RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast

GPU: EVGA GTX GeForce 960 ssc

Thanks!

-Zygo

I have been running two SSD's in RAID-0 for years now (without backups, only because it just holds windows)... never had an issue. But to be fair you wont see any real life speed improvement over just a single HDD, most of the reason I do it is to pool the storage space into a single location. (x2 128 = 256GB).

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

If I were you I would go for a high performance HDD around 4TB and then having one SSD as the boot drive.

Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3

CPU: Intel Core I7 4790K

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970

RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB

HDD: Seagate ST3000DM001 3TB

SSD: KINGSTON SV300S37A480G 450GB

Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX

Case: NZXT H440 Red

Monitor: DELL U2412M

Keyboard: Gigabyte Force K7

Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

3 minutes ago, Altecice said:

Thanks I'll go for it then!

-Zygo