HDD Not Being Detected

Manage My Cables

Hello i pulled a 500gb hdd out of a ps4 i have a sata to usb 3.0 pcb adapter and when i plug it into my pc it installs the drivers but doesnt show up anywhere else?? 

Please help, Thanks :)

The PS4 might use a different format than what Windows supports(I have no idea). If that is the case, open up Disk Management and format it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, lm212 said:

have you formatted it?

I cant as soon as i plug it in it installs the driver and nothing else. I cant even open up the drive properties. 

3 minutes ago, Manage My Cables said:

I cant as soon as i plug it in it installs the driver and nothing else. I cant even open up the drive properties. 

You format it through disk management (should come up in a windows search), not file explorer

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Can you see the drive through the Disk Management tool? As others have said its likely just formatted to something windows doesnt recognize and you will just need to reformat it.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

update i can see the drive in disk management. And formated it to exfat. Is it possible for sony to lock people out of the drive?