Tell Me What You Think of My Planned Build!

So after months of research (thanks Linus), I think I've finally planned a decent build. Tell me what you think!

Here's the Link!

The first thing you likely noticed was the lack of a GPU. The reason for this is I'd like to have a PC now, so that I don't have to continue sharing an old laptop with my family; I plan to run on the Intel Integrated Graphics 530 from the Core i5. All that I will be doing with it is web browsing and video streaming, as well as some light Minecraft with friends. As soon as I have some money to spare, I plant to pick up this GPU for some more serious gaming. After that, I feel the best upgrade path would be picking up a 1440p monitor, then adding more RAM.

Thank you so much for your input!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($196.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($147.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston FURY 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($20.13 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Kingston FURY 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($20.13 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($43.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.97 @ Directron) 
Case: Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Full (32/64-bit)  ($199.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $837.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-23 21:06 EDT-0400

lol I think you're spending wayyy to much go with something cheaper like this without the GPU, peripherals, accessories: 

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($204.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC) 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste  ($6.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($35.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.97 @ Directron) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB NITRO Dual-X OC Video Card  ($199.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($43.56 @ Mac Mall) 
Monitor: Asus VN248H-P 23.8" Monitor  ($150.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $801.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-23 21:09 EDT-0400

I would recommend the Evga GQ 650 watt PSU instead. Also the SSD doesn't have very good performance for the price. Also why not just go with one stick of memory for better upgrading options? 

1 minute ago, james200110 said:

So after months of research (thanks Linus), I think I've finally planned a decent build. Tell me what you think!

Here's the Link!

The first thing you likely noticed was the lack of a GPU. The reason for this is I'd like to have a PC now, so that I don't have to continue sharing an old laptop with my family; I plan to run on the Intel Integrated Graphics 530 from the Core i5. All that I will be doing with it is web browsing and video streaming, as well as some light Minecraft with friends. As soon as I have some money to spare, I plant to pick up this GPU for some more serious gaming. After that, I feel the best upgrade path would be picking up a 1440p monitor, then adding more RAM.

Overall, not bad. However, I have a few issues. First, do you plan on getting a 6700K eventually? Otherwise, no reason for a Z170 motherboard. Second, why 2 4GB sticks instead of a 2x4GB kit? Third, change out the SSD for something from Samsung preferably. Finally, get Windows from here.

Seems like a good build, once you add more RAM and a GPU it will be powerful. The integrated graphics should be able to run minecraft fine until then.

If possible drop the Kinstone SSD, its not a good model, and get a 850 evo instead, much more reliable.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

7 minutes ago, james200110 said:

Here's the Link!

Kingston SSDNow 300 Series are not really good. I'd recommend you to get a Samsung 850 EVO, Kingston HyperX or Kingston Savage, Those are pretty good SSD's. 

And you can save some money by using your product key from your old computer to activate Win10 in your new computer. 

13 minutes ago, Rolfejc said:

I would recommend the Evga GQ 650 watt PSU instead. Also the SSD doesn't have very good performance for the price. Also why not just go with one stick of memory for better upgrading options? 

What's better about that PSU?

12 minutes ago, JFischer00 said:

Overall, not bad. However, I have a few issues. First, do you plan on getting a 6700K eventually? Otherwise, no reason for a Z170 motherboard. Second, why 2 4GB sticks instead of a 2x4GB kit? Third, change out the SSD for something from Samsung preferably. Finally, get Windows from here.

I'd like to get into overclocking eventually; I am also getting the motherboard from here,so it is cheaper.

11 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Seems like a good build, once you add more RAM and a GPU it will be powerful. The integrated graphics should be able to run minecraft fine until then.

If possible drop the Kinstone SSD, its not a good model, and get a 850 evo instead, much more reliable.

Alright, I had been looking at the 850 evo SSDs as well.

As with the RAM, I plan to upgrade to using one or two 16GB sticks, getting rid of the original ram, so that I could actually max out the 64GB at some point.

1 minute ago, james200110 said:

What's better about that PSU?

I'd like to get into overclocking eventually; I am also getting the motherboard from here,so it is cheaper.

Alright, I had been looking at the 850 evo SSDs as well.

As with the RAM, I plan to upgrade to using one or two 16GB sticks, getting rid of the original ram, so that I could actually max out the 64GB at some point.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=442

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=454

The GQ unit overall has noticeably better performance, and also has a bit better build quality and better value. 

2 minutes ago, Rolfejc said:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=442

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=454

The GQ unit overall has noticeably better performance, and also has a bit better build quality and better value. 

Alright.

12 minutes ago, Drakomon322 said:

Kingston SSDNow 300 Series are not really good. I'd recommend you to get a Samsung 850 EVO, Kingston HyperX or Kingston Savage, Those are pretty good SSD's. 

And you can save some money by using your product key from your old computer to activate Win10 in your new computer. 

As I said, it's a family laptop, so it's not my key to use...

21 minutes ago, JFischer00 said:

All that I could find there is and OEM copy of Windows. Unless you can link me to a full copy, I'll stick to what I have.

Just now, james200110 said:

All that I could find there is and OEM copy of Windows. Unless you can link me to a full copy, I'll stick to what I have.

What's wrong with OEM?

2 minutes ago, james200110 said:

Alright.

As I said, it's a family laptop, so it's not my key to use...

It doesn't matter. It won't affect the other computer.

I've done this. I used the product key from my old computer to activate Win10 in my new computer and they both work fine. No problems so far.

2 minutes ago, JFischer00 said:

What's wrong with OEM?

OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on, you can't upgrade the motherboard. Microsoft also does't give free support.

Other people that I've talked to have convinced me.

2 minutes ago, Drakomon322 said:

It doesn't matter. It won't affect the other computer.

I've done this. I used the product key from my old computer to activate Win10 in my new computer and they both work fine. No problems so far.

So far...

I want to play it safe, because if anything happens to that laptop I'd have heck to pay...

2 minutes ago, james200110 said:

OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on, you can't upgrade the motherboard. Microsoft also does't give free support.

Other people that I've talked to have convinced me.

So far...

I want to play it safe, because if anything happens to that laptop I'd have heck to pay...

Nothing bad will happen. It's up to you, you can save a lot of money.

1 minute ago, Drakomon322 said:

Nothing bad will happen. It's up to you, you can save a lot of money.

Well, thanks for the tip; I'll consider.