which ZFS should i run in

A particular software i am using is FreeNAS, and instead of raids it uses ZFS

I wonder what zfs is similar to raid1

Also if i wanted 8tb redundant storage which zfs is best? 

link : click me

ZFS is a just a file system, it does not replace RAID. 

RAID 1 would not give you 8TB of redundant storage. It would give you 4 TB of storage, mirrored on 3 other drives (if you added all of them). For 8TB with redundancy, you'd need RAID 10. Wouldn't really recommend it, though. RAID Z would give you 12TB of storage, with redundancy allowing one drive to fail and the array can be rebuilt. The issue with that is that it will take a long time for the array to rebuild if you're actually filling that much capacity. 

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

ZFS is a just a file system, it does not replace RAID. 

RAID 1 would not give you 8TB of redundant storage. It would give you 4 TB of storage, mirrored on 3 other drives (if you added all of them). For 8TB with redundancy, you'd need RAID 10. Wouldn't really recommend it, though. RAID Z would give you 12TB of storage, with redundancy allowing one drive to fail and the array can be rebuilt. The issue with that is that it will take a long time for the array to rebuild if you're actually filling that much capacity. 

I'd recommend not going with raidz1 (raid5 equivalent) as you're basically guaranteed to run into a URE when you go to rebuild the array. I'd recommend raidz2 (raid6) as your array could then suffer up to two drive failures and still be okay significantly improving your odds of not hitting a URE when rebuilding.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

10 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I'd recommend not going with raidz1 (raid5 equivalent) as you're basically guaranteed to run into a URE when you go to rebuild the array. I'd recommend raidz2 (raid6) as your array could then suffer up to two drive failures and still be okay significantly improving your odds of not hitting a URE when rebuilding.

so i could have 8tb or just 4, if i just get four i'll just ditch two of them.

2 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

so i could have 8tb or just 4, if i just get four i'll just ditch two of them.

Raidz2 on four 4tb drives would give you 8tb usable space.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Raidz2 on four 4tb drives would give you 8tb usable space.

ooh, ok. i see. thanks.