Need input

Hi.  I'm at the deans office at school right now.  I need your guys input on the situation.  So yesterday on the bus ride home, there was this kid that I had a fight with.  I got on the bus first and sat down.  Then he sat down right next to me.    The first thing he did was rip part of the logo on my hoodie(I didn't notice when I got home) but I did notice that he grabbed my hoodie.   I let it go and didn't say anything about it.   The next thing that he did was use the sunlight and his phone to shine light on my eyes.  He kept doing it and I warned him that of he kept doing that I would kick his phone out of his hand .  He kept doing it so I kicked his phone out of his hand.  Then he bashed his phone a couple times into my head and I was bleeding.    Now, the dean said that I might get suspended too.  Can I get some opinions please? Who's fault is this and does it make sense to you guys that I might get suspended? Thanks.

To me, it seems like there were two dickwads screwing around, none wiser than the other.

So sorry pal, you'll get what's coming for you.

Do not feed.

First rule of countering a bully - first hit must be a K.O.! Can't let him get back up!

As for suspension, Idk about where you live but my school district had zero tolerance for fighting. Unless it was 100% clear self defense, all parties in the fight get suspended (or worse). So you kicking his phone first kind of rules out the self defense argument...

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)