Mod-Mic not working

PutinCare

So I recently bought a Mod-Mic 4.0 and when i try to use it all i get is static. I do use a USB audio device, But the headphone side has worked perfectly for ages and there does not seem to be any damage to the microphone so

pls help.   

If you wiggle the cable does the static come and go? You may have damaged the cable or connector. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

17 minutes ago, PutinCare said:

So I recently bought a Mod-Mic 4.0 and when i try to use it all i get is static. I do use a USB audio device, But the headphone side has worked perfectly for ages and there does not seem to be any damage to the microphone so

pls help.   

You should try it on another device and/or another mic.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Mine arrives in couple of hours, it better be perfect lol.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Is it plugged directly into the motherboard? (this is going to be your best bet if it isn't)

I may have more questions but i feel like this is the best solution.

I currently use the modmic 4.0 and it works flawlessly.

Try reinstalling audio drivers, worked for my roommate who has a modmic. I don't really get the appeal of them (other than the whole, compact thing), they sound garbage.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

2 hours ago, Mushious said:

Try reinstalling audio drivers, worked for my roommate who has a modmic. I don't really get the appeal of them (other than the whole, compact thing), they sound garbage.

I think the appeal is being able to add a mic to a quality set of headphones. Also nice that it can be removed as well. The whole "turn any headphones into a headset" is the greatest appeal. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!