980TI Ok for my setup?

Hey guys, 

last night I ran a thread asking what I should use for my build, Im going to get a razer blade stealth with a razer core, the best suggestion was a 980ti, I want to be able to run 1080p at 60 fps on all of the new games, BO3, FALLOUT 4, GTA V, etc. I plan on connecting 2-3 hdmi monitors to the core for gaming. My question is will the 980ti hold up? do i need a new cooler? can the core hold a custom cooler? Thanks in advance

oh finer detail, the card is this:  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 06G-P4-4992-KR 6GB SC GAMING, Whisper Silent Cooling Graphics Card

As long as the game is optimized properly, you shouldn't encounter any issues, whatsoever.:)

3 minutes ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

As long as the game is optimized properly, you shouldn't encounter any issues, whatsoever.:)

define optimized, also multiple monitors wont compromise anything?

The GTX 980 Ti is rather overkill for 1080p, which means it should be able to max out games at that resolution for years to come. It'll probably still hold up well for triple-1080p configurations, but you might need to upgrade a few years down the line. That being said, both solutions are incredibly future-proof.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

ok, one more part, do i keep the stock cooler on it or should a buy a new one, and will it fit inside the razer core?

4 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

ok, one more part, do i keep the stock cooler on it or should a buy a new one, and will it fit inside the razer core?

Keep the cooler it should be fine as its a reference card. 

3 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

define optimized, also multiple monitors wont compromise anything?

To define optimised game ... take Guild Wars 2 for example. You won't ever have 60 fps there with massive battles with 200 players around. Even if you have 4x GTX Titan X + 18 core CPU. It just won't work because game have bad optimisation when it comes to huge battles.

But for games that you mentioned, you will be able to have much more than just 60 fps at 1080 ultra settings.

Some users are saying that 980 ti is overkill for 1080p gaming. While that's true, you might want to buy 4K monitor in next 1-2 years. So if you can buy 980 ti, do that. Unless you are 100% sure that you won't ever upgrade from 1080p monitor.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Out of curiosity, do you have your heart set on going with the Razer products? If not, you could probably build a much more capable machine for less money.

1 hour ago, teagansalter said:

oh finer detail, the card is this:  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 06G-P4-4992-KR 6GB SC GAMING, Whisper Silent Cooling Graphics Card

The 980Ti will crush almost any game that out. That said, the caviate is ofcourse optimization... if it's not optimized well (the game that is) or the interface then you'll run into some unexpected hickups. But the good thing is this though, nVidia will always roll out new patches to optimize it. So I know that was a round about way of answering YES, but there you go. :D

5 hours ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

Out of curiosity, do you have your heart set on going with the Razer products? If not, you could probably build a much more capable machine for less money.

I would be more than happy to build a different machine, sadly I need a laptop that will turn into a gaming beast when I plug it in.