Overclocking an Intel HD 4000 Graphics

DarthVader61425

Is it possible to overclock an Intel HD Graphics 4000 without it heating up or doing anything up-normal?

Just now, huilun02 said:

AFAIK all you can do is give it more dedicated system RAM.

Higher frequency RAM also helps.

I have 4 GB of RAM and 3.8 usable is it possible to dedicate such RAM? I'm not really aiming that big of a difference just a slight one as I have a crappy PC so I'm not aiming high.

5 minutes ago, DarthVader61425 said:

I have 4 GB of RAM and 3.8 usable is it possible to dedicate such RAM? I'm not really aiming that big of a difference just a slight one as I have a crappy PC so I'm not aiming high.

It depends on your motherboard. Head into the BIOS and find the corresponding settings, and allocate a quarter to half of your RAM to your iGPU. Your motherboard's BIOS may or may not have this option, but you can always check.

You can actually make a considerable difference by going into Intel's HD Graphics control panel and moving the fidelity slider from 'Balanced' to 'Performance' and moving the power saver slider form 'Balanced' to 'Performance'. I gained about 10FPS in Skyrim on a borrowed Dell Vostro 2420 a few years ago.

P.s: Only use formatting where absolutely necessary. Putting an entire post in bold, italic, or both makes it cumbersome to read.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Just now, Aereldor said:

It depends on your motherboard. Head into the BIOS and find the corresponding settings, and allocate a quarter to half of your RAM to your iGPU. Your motherboard's BIOS may or may not have this option, but you can always check.

P.s: Only use formatting where absolutely necessary. Putting an entire post in bold, italic, or both makes it cumbersome to read.

2 questions : 

1. Is it dangerous to allocate RAM to my iGPU when I only have 4 GB of Ram because I already dedicated 2 GB of RAM to my game, I use Windows 10 so that uses more RAM, Google chrome and Skype in the background I can lower down the dedicated RAM to the game to 1 GB but will there still be enough RAM to dedicate to my iGPU?

2. How do I access my BIOS (sorry I'm kind of not good in PCs)

Just now, DEcobra11 said:

You'd be able to OC (and overvolt) it with XTU even if it's an H61 MB

Obviously if you rise frequency noticeably you'll get higher temps

You can overclock the iGPU on an Intel chip? I thought you could overclock the CPU, but couldn't do much about the integrated graphics, so this is news to me.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

2 minutes ago, DarthVader61425 said:

2 questions : 

1. Is it dangerous to allocate RAM to my iGPU when I only have 4 GB of Ram because I already dedicated 2 GB of RAM to my game, I use Windows 10 so that uses more RAM, Google chrome and Skype in the background I can lower down the dedicated RAM to the game to 1 GB but will there still be enough RAM to dedicate to my iGPU?

2. How do I access my BIOS (sorry I'm kind of not good in PCs)

You'll still be bottlenecked by the GPU in most situations, so unless you're trying to play newer games, you should be alright dedicating 1 or 1.5 GB to your iGPU.

You can access the BIOS by holding down the buttons it indicates at startup. Usually, a screen comes up with the manufacturer logo that says 'F1 to enter setup' or 'DEL to enter setup'. Just press the button it tells you to, and you'll find yourself in the BIOS. Watch a few YouTube videos and look up the BIOS options on your phone or a secondary computer to help you find the setting, and proceed to allocate your desired amount of memory to your iGPU.