Budget PC Upgrade

TreesMadeOfTanks

I'm 13. I only make money from like April to September Mowing peoples lawns and i make like $700 Only

I have no idea how to put my pc build under my forum posts i wish i knew how but-

My CPU is fine, Its a quad core AMD x4 ii 955 With a Hyper 212 Evo strapped on it. Fine for all the games i play.

4Gb of ram, i don't multitask videos much or have lots of tabs i just use my iPad on the side of my desk so its fine for the most part (But ram is really cheap, i'm gonna pick up a 8gb set later)

GPU Is the problem.....When i made this build i was on like a ''Absolute Lowest Possible functional of gaming rig'' Its an ATI/AMD Radeon HD 4650, Which runs most games.................................Minimized.....On lowest quality.. No other tabs

Now....... i would love to spend all $700 and get an unlocked i5 paired with a R9 380, Or 980ti

But i'm not Linus....My budget build isnt an 18 Core Xeon with 3 way SLI Titan-X's

And i have other things i have to spend that money on.....So under the $300 Price range what do you guys think my best bet is for a Graphics Card

IMG_4098.jpg

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 -  GPU GeForce GTX 1060 3GB - MOTHERBOARD Asus B550 Plus - - HARD DRIVE WD Blue 1TB - MEMORY Corsair 16GB DDR4

Wich Games you play? If you are on budget you shouldn't pay much more than you have to. 

Than you should test out how hot your phenom run AMD is great for overcloaking.

otherwise maybe a R9 280x/380 used (maybe even a r9 290 they are used cheap in most countries) than upgrade to 8gb RAM (you won't need more I guess) and maybe a OS SSD

I recommend not waiting too long to buy your DDR3 because once they stop making PC parts their price tends to skyrocket. Take a look at the prices of decent DDR2 now.

For the GPU, I concur with 380 to keep things balanced.

18 minutes ago, Jonathan McCann said:

I have no idea how to put my pc build under my forum posts i wish i knew how but-

Click your name > Account Settings > Signature Tab >  Write PC Specs in the box!

There you go!  :)  That's how you have your PC specs on your forum posts - it's called a signature!

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

If you can get gtx 970 or r9 390 for under 300$ ... will be used probbably, but most of them still have warranty.

If you are looking to buy 100% new GPU, go with R9 380. It has pretty decent performance per buck ratio.

R9 390>GTX 970>R9 290(X)>R9 380>GTX 960

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB