SONY vs LG TV confusion.

SANDY-_-KILLER
Go to solution Solved by LukeTim,

Go with the LG. Web OS 2.0 is generally considered the best Smart TV Platform out there.

Android TV is slow and laggy and the user interface is cluttered and overly complicated. Do not get the Sony.

Plus the LG is 4K. People think 4K is pointless for various stupid reasons... but one reason it is absolutely not pointless is the HDR technologies that are coming about in 4K TVs. The ITU standards for 4K broadcasts includes higher (10-bit) bitdepth video which means there is a lot finer grained control over luminance and chrominance. Content for this is already here, Ultra HD Blu Ray supports this. The LG TV also has the Ultra Luminance technology, which basically means the screen has a brightness of around 1000 nits, instead of the usual 300 or so. Looks much more lifelike, since on a bright day the sunshine might be 15,000 nits.

Of course there is also the added resolution. You can see the difference. There is extra detail in the image that simply is not there in a 1080p video. Plus, 4K content tends to be encoded at much higher bitrates (particularly on Ultra HD Blu Ray which is just insane at 128Mbps) and with a more efficient coding standard, so the image quality is far superior.

On 3/21/2016 at 3:41 PM, SANDY-_-KILLER said:

Hello Techies,

I am planning to  buy a SMART TV.

After a lot of research online and offline in showrooms, according to my budget I have come to two great TV's at last.

But now I'm fully confused on which one to buy. Location INDIA.

The two TV's I'm stuck with are 

1. SONY 43 W950D -  http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/w950d-series  75,000 INR
  2. LG 43 UF770T    -   http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-43UF770T   75,000 INR

Both have certain advantages and certain disadvantages, and mainly the above mentioned SONY is 1080p 3D Android TV and LG is 4K non-3D TV.

Considering performance and service and features can you suggest which one to buy please.

I also came to this Query by observing all specs. I get to know you are using LG. how is ur experience with this?

44 minutes ago, anoop kumar said:

I also came to this Query by observing all specs. I get to know you are using LG. how is ur experience with this?

Hi,

I am using LG 43 UF770T since last Diwali.

I would honestly say the TV is awesome in all aspects of measuring it. 
The display quality, Smart functions, 4K upscaling, WebOS speed and fluidity. Everything is amazing.

Best part is I connect my WD 1TB ext HDD and it detects in seconds and you can literally browse the folders and contents as you do it on PC.

Whereas Sony android TVs are too slow to even detect the ext HDD and all files are shown together from all folders.
LG is the best TV compared to sony and samsung. Smooth OS and Ultimate TV. 

If u want anymore you can mail me.

Hope i'm helpful here.