Recommended GPU

Hey guys,

ive started to save for a new razer blade stealth and a razer core (if you haven't heard of those I highly suggest checking them out, it features some really cool tech) but unfortunately the core comes without a GPU, the blade itself has a  Intel i7 6500U and 8 gigs of ram, (if it's possible I may upgrade the Ram for multitasking) so im wondering what GPU should I go with, I prefer team green mostly because of how much I've heard of them, if anyone can suggest a GPU or if I should go with team red and what GPU to use for that. Thanks for the help! P.S. I'd like to be able to run 2-3 hdmi monitors

I don't think the RAM is upgradable as per usual, also what is your budget.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

12 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

ram is upgradeable

razer doesnt solder it

look up dissasembly guides

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

I don't have a particular budget for this, the combined setup for just the razer shit is about 1700 and like I said I've just begun saving so I'm currently being very flexible about budget, however that doesn't mean I'm going to get a GTX Titan X black

3 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

ram is upgradeable

razer doesnt solder it

Thank god they don't I have a Mac and I freaked out when I found out I couldn't upgrade the 4 gigs of ram

9 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

ram is upgradeable

razer doesnt solder it

Ohh that's nice, quite rare nowadays for ultra books. 

Pascal laptops guide

8 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

I don't have a particular budget for this, the combined setup for just the razer shit is about 1700 and like I said I've just begun saving so I'm currently being very flexible about budget, however that doesn't mean I'm going to get a GTX Titan X black

At what resolution and settings do you expect to game on.

Pascal laptops guide

12 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Ohh that's nice, quite rare nowadays for ultra books. 

reasons i love razer laptops

other reasons?

amazing an cheap support

and the looks

my god, the looks

jesus christ...

the looks...

8 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

At what resolution and settings do you expect to game on.

Well, I'd like to be able to game on the highest resolution possible until the cpu or something else cannot keep up, I'm not terribly picky about what my game looks like but I'd prefer to be able to play my games at 1080 60 fps and if that isn't achieveable with my budget probably 720 60 fps

6 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You can't install a graphics card into a laptop that isn't designed to take one

Ofc unless you getting one of them overpriced eGPU docks

And afaik you need an external monitor as well

I see you failed to notice that the razer blade stealth is exactly what you mentioned, a 500 dollar GPU dock with a thunderbolt 3.0 connection. I also already have 2 high quality monitors as well

2 minutes ago, teagansalter said:

I see you failed to notice that the razer blade stealth is exactly what you mentioned, a 500 dollar GPU dock with a thunderbolt 3.0 connection. I also already have 2 high quality monitors as well

If budget is not a problem I would get a 300 dollar GPU like a R9 390 (which is a good choice for the higher resolution display you have).

Pascal laptops guide

4 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Yes I was referring to the Core.

If you have the money to throw at those 2 items, why not go for a 980Ti or Pascal equivalent?

Yeah, that definitely looks like a good option, I'm just weighing in on others opinion. I've been living with a Mac for so long and the temps have actually reached 100c with fans on full blast. I'm just gonna throw as much money as I can at this thing so I have something to replace that laptop