Is this a good build? Leave suggestions

Joey_Plays

I have recently been looking into purchasing new components for my computer. Currently. I am on a $650 budget including everything (Software and monitor) Anyways here is the build, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Bz3BsY If you want to make changes to it feel free. All suggestions help.

Thanks!

~Joey

Not really confident on pairing that PSU with that GPU. I'd go for a cheaper ASRock board and a decent 500W SeaSonic/XFX PSU.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Such a perfect FPS per dollar build! go for it!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

I'm assuming this is for gaming. If so I would recommend Skylake even if it does cost a bit more, it is money that I would say is worth spending more for. Also the psu is so so, the main issue with it is that it isn't very good for the price. 

3 minutes ago, Joey_Plays said:

I have recently been looking into purchasing new components for my computer. Currently. I am on a $650 budget including everything (Software and monitor) Anyways here is the build, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Bz3BsY If you want to make changes to it feel free. All suggestions help.

Thanks!

~Joey

i dont see anything wrong with it, other than a unoverclockable cpu

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

And H-series board tho..? Also no SSD, bad GPU/PSU pairing, not even the existence of a case xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

Unoverclockable? i overclocked my 3570 non K to 4.2 Ghz? that's not possible?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

5 minutes ago, Joey_Plays said:

Thanks!

~Joey

If you're on a $650 budget then why does everything in that link add up to just over $700? Are you trying to add something to what you have already with a budget of 600 for all the stuff not already there?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, ProKeero said:

Unoverclockable? i overclocked my 3570 non K to 4.2 Ghz? that's not possible?

its locked

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

its locked

locked?

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

If you're on a $650 budget then why does everything in that link add up to just over $700? Are you trying to add something to what you have already with a budget of 600 for all the stuff not already there?

I already have two 27in monitors.

And H-series board tho..? Also no SSD, bad GPU/PSU pairing, not even the existence of a case xD

he could pull of a acardboard caase lol

for a barebones component list, he is fine. i wouldnt fit  a ssd into a $500 budget

1 minute ago, ProKeero said:

locked?

basicly u cant overclock it

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

he could pull of a acardboard caase lol

for a barebones component list, he is fine. i wouldnt fit  a ssd into a $500 budget

basicly u cant overclock it

So my 3570 non K was unlocked? i don't understand.

Just now, Joey_Plays said:

I already have two 27in monitors.

That answers literally none of my question....

What are you trying to ask? Do you want to get a bunch of stuff added to the build you have above (like add an SSD, better PSU, etc for $600) or do you want to build that PC and need it slimmed down in price?

Just now, ProKeero said:

So my 3570 non K was unlocked? i don't understand.

Yes, all non-K CPUs are "locked" however some boards on Ivy Bridge like yours allowed for some overclocking of non-K skews. I have a friend with a 3770 that overclocks on his MSI PC-MATE Z77 board.

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

Yes, all non-K CPUs are "locked" however some boards on Ivy Bridge like yours allowed for some overclocking of non-K skews. I have a friend with a 3770 that overclocks on his MSI PC-MATE Z77 board.

Lol my 50 dollar motherboard was a beast then!

That answers literally none of my question....

What are you trying to ask? Do you want to get a bunch of stuff added to the build you have above (like add an SSD, better PSU, etc for $600) or do you want to build that PC and need it slimmed down in price?

I am asking for suggestions. Which means if people feel like there needs to be changes to the build, i want them to state their thoughts/opinions. 

Basically im asking if this build is okay/good. And if people feel like it isnt then i want their suggestions and thoughts.

Lol i just realized i have a MSI PC Mate Z97 motherboard xD same mobo pretty much.

1 minute ago, Joey_Plays said:

I am asking for suggestions. Which means if people feel like there needs to be changes to the build, i want them to state their thoughts/opinions. 

Well OK, do you need a PC to be completely built from the ground up for $650? You still haven't specified exactly what you need. Do you have any of the hardware you listed in PCPartPicker? Do you need a case?

Basically im asking if this build is okay/good. And if people feel like it isnt then i want their suggestions and thoughts.

what is the MAX budget

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Well OK, do you need a PC to be completely built from the ground up for $650? You still haven't specified exactly what you need. Do you have any of the hardware you listed in PCPartPicker? Do you need a case?

I already have a case and like i mentioned earlier the two monitors. The case is a, RoseWill Challenger s Mid tower. Those are the only things i currently have. If the budget hits 700 im fine but i don't want it going over 700. if you want to make suggestions / changes to the build i would appreciate that.

Well the build you linked doesn't have a case at all so that's always fun to deal with - this basically.

For the budget you listed, if you need a complete system, here's one.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($196.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus B150-PLUS D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($90.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Team Dark 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($27.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380X 4GB DD XXX OC Video Card  ($215.49 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill Challenger S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($0.00) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $686.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-21 00:07 EDT-0400

6 minutes ago, Joey_Plays said:

I already have a case and like i mentioned earlier the two monitors. The case is a, RoseWill Challenger s Mid tower. Those are the only things i currently have. If the budget hits 700 im fine but i don't want it going over 700. if you want to make suggestions / changes to the build i would appreciate that.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PdLYyc