NZXT G10 And GTX 970

ralphkleinguevarra

Can I fit an NZXT G10 on my Asus GTX 970 Strix? It has a custom PCB I know that's why I'm hesitant to put my NZXT G10.

6 minutes ago, ralphkleinguevarra said:

Can I fit an NZXT G10 on my Asus GTX 970 Strix? It has a custom PCB I know that's why I'm hesitant to put my NZXT G10.

so you already have a g10? why not hold it against the pcb and jsut see if it works

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

6 hours ago, McHox said:

so you already have a g10? why not hold it against the pcb and jsut see if it works

I can't because the stock cooler is too big and not so sure if it would fit right.

maybe you can look up a pcb image on google and look for dimensions of it and compare it to the g10

56efcd6e1d728_970strix.jpg.78844aa773b14

If your card looks like that, it should fit.

But keep in mind that VRM cooling might be problem here. I'm not exper or anything, but G10 have fan on the right side of GPU core PCB.

Your card have tons of chips on the left side, where there is no cooling from Kraken G10. Not 100% sure what exactly you would have to put heatsink on, but I wouldn't run it wihtout that.

Heatsinks are cheap (like 10$ for 50 of them), I would realy use them with Kraken G10. But where to put them? Well check where stock cooler had thermal pads. That's where you should put heatsinks.

Keep in mind that I'm not 100% sure it will fit, but from the looks of it, I think it should fit.

Take picture of your GPU without stock cooler and send it to NZXT. They have awesome support team, so I belive they will be able to answer on your question :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB