• Mouse
    Logitech g502
  • Sound
    Áudio Technica ATH-M50x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

1 minute ago, TheGhzGuy said:

The PSU has no price, plus an R9 380 is better. Also, B150 Mobo and a 6600K leaves me a bit confused.

i am in america so the psu cannot be bought where you are you might want to change it

• CPU
    i7-6850k
  • Motherboard
    MSI X99A Sli Plus
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix LP      DDR4-2400
  • GPU                                            MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8Gb
  • Case
    Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB
  • Storage
    Samsung 250GB 850 pro,        WD Black 1TB, WD blue 3TB
  • PSU
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w
  • Display(s)
    Asus vg248qe, Asus vg245h
  • Cooling
    Swiftech H220-x
  • Keyboard
    Logitech g910
  • Mouse
    Logitech g502
  • Sound
    Áudio Technica ATH-M50x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

• CPU
    i7-6850k
  • Motherboard
    MSI X99A Sli Plus
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix LP      DDR4-2400
  • GPU                                            MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8Gb
  • Case
    Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB
  • Storage
    Samsung 250GB 850 pro,        WD Black 1TB, WD blue 3TB
  • PSU
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w
  • Display(s)
    Asus vg248qe, Asus vg245h
  • Cooling
    Swiftech H220-x
  • Keyboard
    Logitech g910
  • Mouse
    Logitech g502
  • Sound
    Áudio Technica ATH-M50x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

Ok it's pretty good. Here is what I would change: 

• Grab a dual channel kit of ram. Not a single stick. 
  • Maybe look at an i3 6100? If you are doing 1080p gaming with a mid to low end graphics card and maybe a bit of editing every now and then and basic home use and web browsing then an i3 is fine. 
  • Grab a ATX motherboard. A MicroATX board is fine I guess but an ATX board means more pcie expansion, more ram slots so that you can upgrade to 16 or 32 in the future and also it will look better. A mATX board will look pretty strange in a mid tower 
  • That case is ok. If you want somthing a bit nicer and a bit less LOOK AT ME IM A PRO GAMER then look at the NZXT s210w or the fractal design core 1000 if you decide to stick with the mATX board 
  • An SSD for your os and some applications or maybe a game or two can be great. Maybe 120gb. Keep that hard drive as well for mass storage 
  • the r9 380 is better. If you want to spend a little less then the 950 is better bang for your buck and is fine for 1080p. 
  • No. Stop it. No. I said stop. DO NOT TOUCH THAT POWER SUPPLY. I though that it looked good as well. So I bough two of them. Both blew up. One blew up almost immediately and the other blew up after a month. Look at the corsair CX and CXM series. Maybe the CX500M? 
  • Cooling. If you don't care about how quiet your system is then ok. That's fine, however you might want to replace stock fans and the stock cooler if you care about silence. Look at the BeQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim or and Corsairs AF120 LED fans. 

Hope i helped. I know I didn't give many 'make it cheaper' suggestions but I tried to better the build :) have a nice day :P 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

2 minutes ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

Ok it's pretty good. Here is what I would change: 

• Grab a dual channel kit of ram. Not a single stick. 
  • Maybe look at an i3 6100? If you are doing 1080p gaming with a mid to low end graphics card and maybe a bit of editing every now and then and basic home use and web browsing then an i3 is fine. 
  • Grab a ATX motherboard. A MicroATX board is fine I guess but an ATX board means more pcie expansion, more ram slots so that you can upgrade to 16 or 32 in the future and also it will look better. A mATX board will look pretty strange in a mid tower 
  • That case is ok. If you want somthing a bit nicer and a bit less LOOK AT ME IM A PRO GAMER then look at the NZXT s210w or the fractal design core 1000 if you decide to stick with the mATX board 
  • An SSD for your os and some applications or maybe a game or two can be great. Maybe 120gb. Keep that hard drive as well for mass storage 
  • the r9 380 is better. If you want to spend a little less then the 950 is better bang for your buck and is fine for 1080p. 
  • No. Stop it. No. I said stop. DO NOT TOUCH THAT POWER SUPPLY. I though that it looked good as well. So I bough two of them. Both blew up. One blew up almost immediately and the other blew up after a month. Look at the corsair CX and CXM series. Maybe the CX500M? 
  • Cooling. If you don't care about how quiet your system is then ok. That's fine, however you might want to replace stock fans and the stock cooler if you care about silence. Look at the BeQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim or and Corsairs AF120 LED fans. 

Hope i helped. I know I didn't give many 'make it cheaper' suggestions but I tried to better the build :) have a nice day :P 

SSD is not necessary, you add it if you have money to spare, and in this build, since they´re buying windows, there is no money to spare. And the CX and CXM psus are just as bad if not worse than that psu. And the stock cpu cooler actually doesn´t get that loud unless the cpu´s underload.

30 minutes ago, General Sock said:

I'm helping my friend build a gaming PC with a maximum budget of £600. Here's what we've come up with so far: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/7QJRjX

Is there anything we can change to make it cheaper, or get better performance?

Here, just my 2 cents:

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/67QBsY
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/67QBsY/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£167.01 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: ASRock B150M Pro4S Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£54.34 @ More Computers) 
Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£24.27 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£37.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  (£159.98 @ Novatech) 
Case: BitFenix Neos Black/Red ATX Mid Tower Case  (£34.60 @ Dabs) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£59.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £598.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-20 12:48 GMT+0000

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

SSD is not necessary, you add it if you have money to spare, and in this build, since they´re buying windows, there is no money to spare. And the CX and CXM psus are just as bad if not worse than that psu. And the stock cpu cooler actually doesn´t get that loud unless the cpu´s underload.

• I'm not saying that the SSD is nessisary. I'm saying that it might be a nice addition or future upgrade if he can afford it. 
  • Go to kinguin for cheap Windows 
  • How do you draw that conclusion? I have used three CX and CXM series supplies. All work fine. All have powered along and have had no trouble. The two supplies from evga, a 400w and a 500w, both of which were not even under load, the 400w didn't even have a graphics card, blew the fuck up. Also 80plus and 80plus bronze. That's kinda a sign right there...
  • yeah I know. I'm a quiet freak. Sorry. I always end up reccomend img replacing cheap case fans or the stock cooler. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

• I'm not saying that the SSD is nessisary. I'm saying that it might be a nice addition or future upgrade if he can afford it. 
  • Go to kinguin for cheap Windows 
  • How do you draw that conclusion? I have used three CX and CXM series supplies. All work fine. All have powered along and have had no trouble. The two supplies from evga, a 400w and a 500w, both of which were not even under load, the 400w didn't even have a graphics card, blew the fuck up. Also 80plus and 80plus bronze. That's kinda a sign right there...
  • yeah I know. I'm a quiet freak. Sorry. I always end up reccomend img replacing cheap case fans or the stock cooler. 

I´d like you to take a look at tier 6 here: 

And at the Tier 4 Section Here: 

Both list the CX and CXM psu´s as under performing low quality units. just because they have worked for you, does not mean they will work for everyone. There have been reports of people using the CX and CXM series just fine, however there have been just as many if not more reports of them smoking while put under mild load. As for the Kingwin and G2A, it´s very much up to buyer´s choice if they want to buy off there. Some people simply don´t trust it.

6 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

I´d like you to take a look at tier 6 here: 

And at the Tier 4 Section Here: 

Both list the CX and CXM psu´s as under performing low quality units. just because they have worked for you, does not mean they will work for everyone. There have been reports of people using the CX and CXM series just fine, however there have been just as many if not more reports of them smoking while put under mild load. As for the Kingwin and G2A, it´s very much up to buyer´s choice if they want to buy off there. Some people simply don´t trust it.

And the evga is listed lower. At least the 400w version. I didn't go hunting for the 500w one. And the cx500m is listed in tier 4 in one of those lists. It's not a high end unit so what did you expect. I'm not saying it's a Seasonic platinum unit I'm saying it's better than the shitty evga. 

And yeH. Kinguin has works good for me but I have heard that some people had bad or dodgy experiences. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Just now, BurblingBarbacoa said:

And the evga is listed lower. At least the 400w version. I didn't go hunting for the 500w one. And the cx500m is listed in tier 4 in one of those lists. It's not a high end unit so what did you expect. I'm not saying it's a Seasonic platinum unit I'm saying it's better than the shitty evga. 

And yeH. Kinguin has works good for me but I have heard that some people had bad or dodgy experiences. 

Key word, on ONE of those lists. And I know it´s tier 4, however it is still described, and to qute the 2nd tier list:

Poor quality units. Voltage regulation and ripple likely need improvements, other flaws are present in build quality. Likely use cheap short-life capacitors. May not be rated for high temperatures, or may not meet specified wattage.

That is not something you want in a gaming build.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Key word, on ONE of those lists. And I know it´s tier 4, however it is still described, and to qute the 2nd tier list:

That is not something you want in a gaming build.

Yes I know. But again. They don't list value as an aspect and, again, I'm not saying it is amazing. It is just better than that evga. I'm just saying he should get a CXM or maybe somthing even better like a higher end evga. Just not that cheap'o supply. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Yes I know. But again. They don't list value as an aspect and, again, I'm not saying it is amazing. It is just better than that evga. I'm just saying he should get a CXM or maybe somthing even better like a higher end evga. Just not that cheap'o supply. 

The W1 version? Or the B1 version? Because the 500B is same tier as all the CXs.

9 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

The W1 version? Or the B1 version? Because the 500B is same tier as all the CXs.

W1 I think

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X