System restarts after switching off at the PSU

4ndromeda

So, basically if I have to switch my computer off & then turn it off at the PSU or the wall for whatever reason (once system is completely shut down of course), when I turn it back on for the first time it will start up like normal but one or two seconds after pressing the power button it'll switch itself off then restart normally & everything will be fine again until the next time I switch it off at the psu or wall. Is this normal? What's going on here? 

No, that is definitely not normal. However, it doesn't appear to be a huge issue, and most people don't toggle the PSU very often anyway. It could be related to some form of a sleep state that your motherboard could be trying to put itself into, but that's just a guess.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

3 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

No, that is definitely not normal. However, it doesn't appear to be a huge issue, and most people don't toggle the PSU very often anyway. It could be related to some form of a sleep state that your motherboard could be trying to put itself into, but that's just a guess.

I only toggle the PSU when leaving the house for more than a day, just in case someone tries to gain access to it because they may know the pass (although highly highly unlikely) & i'm sure they won't think to check for a switch in that area to see why it won't switch on (sneaky I know lol). Thanks for your input, it could be the reason, maybe someone else could shed more light on the matter :)