Sub ambient cooling?!

Right im an experimenter... not your everyday guy. in the summer in the past my PC has struggled thermally making gaming impossible, it used to be overclocked 3570k running with a h100i  now having an overclocked 5820k i assume it will only be hotter, adding the fact i have sli 780ti aswell now.... my current fan config is 4 intake 3 exhaust including 2 exhaust on the radiator. Ive been playing with some peltier elements recently and have measured temperatures of -20c, i was thinking of getting another dual 240m AIO and putting the peltier on there, in theory it should suck the heat from the AIO's coolant. Then using the cases intake fans to draw air through the cooler , that way i shouldn't suffer with condensation or ice inside the case as its only cooling the air before its heated back up,

• hot air hitting something cold = condensation (aka ambient air hitting the AIO)
  • cold air hitting something hot = nothing ( aka cooled air hitting internal surfaces)

Just and idea i would mount the rad outside of the case as the prevent any condensation dripping into it. 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

11 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I don't think a peltier device can keep up with the output from processors.

Linus tried using a proper fridge and you can see his results;

Hmmm i thought i remember seeing a thumbnail for this, only difference is linus is exhausting into the fridge i would only be using the peltier to pre cool, it doesnt make too much difference but i have two 100w peltiers. if not guess my only alternative is to use the coolers we use at work, we use to to cool out chilled water down to 3.6c only problem... its half the size of my house and requires a cooling tower. 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

You may can get condensation on your components even with your setup. I have i giant lan room with currently 5 PCs all on water with 5 quad rads mounted outside the window.  Basically linus's whole room water cooling cinerio just much less organized.  I live in chicago and this winter it tempts were well below 0 for a number of days.  I came home from work to find all the reservoirs and even some fittings with a think layer of ice all around them.  I use antifreeze so the coolent dosnt freeze itself. Even now its about 2C and i can wipe my finger accross the bottom of any waterblock and feel a thin bit of moisture.  Hasnt been a a problem, nothing has failed due to this setup (except when i took an i7 3820 to 5.8Ghz, it fried)

But considering peltier elements arent very expensive i would go for it. You never know forsure if something will work until you try, and even if it fails, you might get it right next time.

Also consider a used AC unite?

Peltiers are wildly inefficient to the point of not being worth attempting.  To get whole-loop Peltier action going on to a usable purpose, you're going to max what a 120V household circuit can provide and then some.  It's far better to use aquarium chillers.

If you go deep enough sub ambient your waterblocks and tubing within your desktop will start having water condense on them.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)