Mouse Recommendation for Someone with Large Hands?

hydramerlin

I am looking for a new mouse that fits my hand, is somewhat accurate, and comes under 40 USD.

Mice that I've tried that fit my hand: Razer Mamba, Steelseries Rival 300, Logitech MX Master.

I'd prefer to use a palm grip, but with most mice, I can't do that properly so I tend to use a claw grip with my fingers at a low arch.

Hand Dimensions: Bottom of Palm to Middle Finger: 8 in. Palm Width (from one knuckle to the other): 3.5 in. Length from Pinkie to Thumb: 6.5 in. 

Wow, you got a huge hand. Which Mamba did you try? The new Chroma one with light strips on either side or the old 2012 one which is practically a wireless Deathadder 2013?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

7 minutes ago, exercutor5 said:

Wow, you got a huge hand. Which Mamba did you try? The new Chroma one with light strips on either side or the old 2012 one which is practically a wireless Deathadder 2013?

Lol thanks, I've tried the new chroma Mamba at a store.

2 minutes ago, papapoi said:

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Pro-Full-Size-Mouse-K72369US/dp/B004P1IU5C

it says its 8.9 inches long?? can it be that big? (thats what she said, lol)

There are some products on Amazon where the dimensions are off. I was looking at a good mouse with some insane dimensions on Amazon, that in reality was a pretty small mouse. The Steelseries Rival 300 is about 5.2 in long and I think that's considered a long mouse.

2 minutes ago, hydramerlin said:

There are some products on Amazon where the dimensions are off. I was looking at a good mouse with some insane dimensions on Amazon, that in reality was a pretty small mouse. The Steelseries Rival 300 is about 5.2 in long and I think that's considered a long mouse.

just watched a video, i think my zelotes t-90 is bigger than that one, i think its box dimensions

56ea44ded996a_IMG_20160316_1942151.jpg.7

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

Just trying to look at my options, are there any mice that aren't as flashy as the Zelotes? It looks like a good mouse, but I'd just want to evaluate all of my options. Also, are there any mice from large, reputatble companies (e.g. Logitech, Steelseries, Razer) that meet my original criteria?

The problem is the price. All the mice you mentioned are around 60ish + price range. Unless you have no mouse at all, waiting and saving is probably better. Between 60-80 USD, you open up a huge range of options from logitech, steelseries, mionix, razer and zowie. 

And on that note, I have large hands as well and use palm grip. Might not be as large as yours though. I use a Mionix Naos 7000. Very comfortable, but it cost 60-70 USD. This has to be the best PC part purchase I ever made. Used to use a DA and would never go back.

Here is a review of it here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1488068/mionix-naos-7000-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino

Edit: I might be off on prices so go easy. Its past 2am.

1 minute ago, fuddinator said:

The problem is the price. All the mice you mentioned are around 60ish + price range. Unless you have no mouse at all, waiting and saving is probably better. Between 60-80 USD, you open up a huge range of options from logitech, steelseries, mionix, razer and zowie. 

And on that note, I have large hands as well and use palm grip. Might not be as large as yours though. I use a Mionix Naos 7000. Very comfortable, but it cost 60-70 USD. This has to be the best PC part purchase I ever made. Used to use a DA and would never go back.

Here is a review of it here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1488068/mionix-naos-7000-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino

The Mionix Naos 3200 is 40 dollars. Is it similar enough to the Naos 7000?

Everything on the mouse is the same except the sensors. Maybe my google-fu is broke but I could not pin point the 3200s exact sensor. Either way, I would save up the extra 15 bucks and get the 7000. It uses the 3310 which is one the best and most widely used sensors. The 3200s DPI adjustments are 800-1600-3200 and thats it. The 7000 is adjustable from 50 to 5000 in increments of 50. Better tracking and precision on 7000.

If you are strapped for cash and need the mouse now, get the 3200. If you like the shape and fit, get the 7000 later and save the 3200 as a backup. Up to you though.

Just now, fuddinator said:

Maybe my google-fu is broke but I could not pin point the 3200s exact sensor.

I would also suggest glasses: http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-mouse-sensor-list , i also have one Version which i keep rarely updated in my Sig.

I personally also would also advice against the Laview/Naos Shapes, you cant just look at the numbers because of the ringfinger rest and for me and my big hands(cant even palm Kone XTD properly) it was a cramped experience as imo the shape is just made for the average Hand.

Zowie ZA11. I have 190cm long hands (bottom of the palm to top of the middle finger) and I can palm it perfectly. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

4 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Zowie ZA11. I have 190cm long hands (bottom of the palm to top of the middle finger) and I can palm it perfectly. 

How do you function with hands that are as long as a decent basketball player is tall?

As for larger mice, I can definitely second the Naos lineup from Mionix. I also absolutely love the Zowie EC1.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

40 minutes ago, olbaze said:

How do you function with hands that are as long as a decent basketball player is tall?

As for larger mice, I can definitely second the Naos lineup from Mionix. I also absolutely love the Zowie EC1.

Bollocks. :D 

I meant mm of course. :P 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Since it seems like the Mionix Naos and the Zowie mice are the two that are being recommended, which of the two goes on sale/clearance more often? I could pay $60 for a mouse, although I'd rather not. In addition, what is the difference between the Zowie ZA11 and the EC1?

Za11 is more ambi dextrous design and ec1 is ergonamic.

I dont think either one really goes on sale very often. Another thing you can do is see if any brick and mortars carry them. At least that would let you touch and feel them.

Naos 7000 is going for 55 usd on amazon with free prime shipping. I know 60 for a mouse seems really expensive at first, but just think of how much you use it. Compare it to the price of a game. You buy a game and play it for 100 hours. Then you buy the next awesome game. Guess what? Same mouse.

2 hours ago, hydramerlin said:

Since it seems like the Mionix Naos and the Zowie mice are the two that are being recommended, which of the two goes on sale/clearance more often? I could pay $60 for a mouse, although I'd rather not. In addition, what is the difference between the Zowie ZA11 and the EC1?

vrmLfCf.jpg

The ZA is ambidextrous while the EC1 is right-handed. The tops are also differently shaped, with the EC1 the hump splits the mouse 1:1, whereas the ZA does roughly 2:1. See Zowie's ZA page and their EC page for very helpful side shots of the difference. Essentially, Zowie has 3 different mice shapes: EC is ergonomic, FK is ambidextrous with a hump in the middle and ZA is an ambidextrous mouse with the hump towards the end of the mouse. Other than that, the mice are just difference sizes of the same shape.

As for sales: The Mionix Naos can be found fairly regularly on sale on Massdrop, whereas I haven't really seen the Zowie mice on sale.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.