GPU for 2 monitors?

Lightswitch77

SO! Hello, how are you? I'm right here on Linus Tech Tips with even more questions! (Guys i'm sorry i'm just quite literally the noob of pc building)

So after that horribly shite joke i would like to know what gpu i should get for two 1080p monitors. 

I have been thinking about getting an MSI R9 390x or should i get another one somewhere in that price range?

Also i would like to know if 8gb of ddr4 ram at 2400mhz is enough for this or if you need 16 gigs?

Thanks again and i'm sorry about the multiple threads and sorry in advance if I end up posting even more... :/ 

BTW i will be rocking a Coolermaster 690 III If that matters

EDIT: I should probably mention that i can't buy a 290x (unless through the interwebs) because the retailers in Iceland don't sell it

2 minutes ago, Lightswitch77 said:

SO! Hello, how are you? I'm right here on Linus Tech Tips with even more questions! (Guys i'm sorry i'm just quite literally the noob of pc building)

So after that horribly shite joke i would like to know what gpu i should get for two 1080p monitors. 

I have been thinking about getting an MSI R9 390x.

Also i would like to know if 8gb of ddr4 ram at 2400mhz is enough for this or if you need 16 gigs?

Thanks again and i'm sorry about the multiple threads and sorry in advance if I end up posting even more... :/ 

first of all don't get the r9 390x you don't get much fps more than the r9 390 if you get the r9 390 it can run 2 monitors easily so a 1080p monitor if you ever want to get 2 1440p monitors please upgrade to an gtx 980ti or something like that :D

My Rig  i5 4690k/ Msi Gaming 5/Gtx 970/WD Blue 1tb/Corsair H100i/Nzxt Noctis 450

Pretty much anything can drive 2 1080p monitors, and the 390X is a top-tier card, so it's even less of an issue.

8GB is good enough for most. If you're someone who leaves a lot of stuff open/uses creative software though, you might want to opt for 16GB.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Just now, Elapo said:

Pretty much anything can drive 2 1080p monitors, and the 390X is a top-tier card, so it's even less of an issue.

8GB is good enough for most. If you're someone who leaves a lot of stuff open/uses creative software though, you might want to opt for 16GB.

Oh well okay i don't really use the creative apps, i will mostly (if not only) use it for gaming, browsing the web and schoolwork

1 minute ago, Lightswitch77 said:

Oh well okay i don't really use the creative apps, i will mostly (if not only) use it for gaming, browsing the web and schoolwork

If you don't find yourself running out of ram every now and then, 8GB will be more than enough. You can always add more later anyway, it's an easy upgrade.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Just now, Elapo said:

If you don't find yourself running out of ram every now and then, 8GB will be more than enough. You can always add more later anyway, it's an easy upgrade.

i agree 

My Rig  i5 4690k/ Msi Gaming 5/Gtx 970/WD Blue 1tb/Corsair H100i/Nzxt Noctis 450

5 minutes ago, Lightswitch77 said:

why do you want to get the r9 390x ? it will give you 5 to 10 fps more than the r9 390 you can better put the 100$ somewhere else 

Just now, pcgamer907 said:

why do you want to get the r9 390x ? it will give you 5 to 10 fps more than the r9 390 you can better put the 100$ somewhere else 

Oh, well i did not know that, part of the reason i´m asking on here, and if i get an r9 390 should i get an MSI versipn?

Just now, Lightswitch77 said:

Oh, well i did not know that, part of the reason i´m asking on here, and if i get an r9 390 should i get an MSI versipn?

yeah the msi version is very nice :D i have an msi gpu aswell

yeah the msi version is very nice :D i have an msi gpu aswell

But is the 390 better than an GTX 970?

But is the 390 better than an GTX 970?

yes it is i only got the 970 because it was very very cheap at my place 

1 minute ago, pcgamer907 said:

yes it is i only got the 970 because it was very very cheap at my place 

Okay cool, those two cost just about the same where i live :)

Okay cool, those two cost just about the same where i live :)

yeah at my place too when it isn't on sale :D

yeah at my place too when it isn't on sale :D

lols ok

So, i think this just about wrappes it up, i'll be getting 8 gigs of ddr4 2400mhz ram.

And i'll be getting a R9 390 as a gpu.

Thank you everyone you have been very helpful :D 

So, i think this just about wrappes it up, i'll be getting 8 gigs of ddr4 2400mhz ram.

And i'll be getting a R9 390 as a gpu.

Thank you everyone you have been very helpful :D 

if u ever have any questions you can send me an message have fun with your gpu :)

if u ever have any questions you can send me an message have fun with your gpu :)

Thanks i will... But i want you to know how much time you might have to invest in answering me. So i will give you a chance to take back your offer you would like

Thanks i will... But i want you to know how much time you might have to invest in answering me. So i will give you a chance to take back your offer you would like

i already made my offer there is no turning back xD

i already made my offer there is no turning back xD

lol, okey i warned you