PC BUILD

REDPILL

I am building  a PC build for the first time I need tips help please right now I am stuck on the MSI R9 390 & the MSI GTX 970 I will be playing 1080p mostly I do not know which one to go with, I will be PC gaming mostly I do not like my Xbox one anymore and I want the Oculus Rift 2 I will be hooking up my PC to my big screen TV it gets 120 HZ I am going to buy the I5 6600 k,motherboard m7 gaming 6g per second, 750 watt power supply gold, Samsung 250 Gb SSD card , I already have a thermaltake full tower case v71, WD black gaming hard drive 1tb, I saw a really cheap prices retailer's saying  it's new can I trust eBay I know about New Egg and I use Amazon sometimes or Microcenter & I want to know if I can get more than 30 FPS on my TV to I was going to buy a DisplayPort HDMI adapter will this help me get more FPS on my TV or for gaming I will not be buying a monitor from now because I only have a budget for PC build and I like my TV a lot

The majority here will say R9 390, but between the two, it doesn't matter. Get whichever is cheaper (preferably the Sapphire variant for the R9 390 and an EVGA variant for the GTX 970).

I will say that you only need a 500-550W PSU for the GTX 970 and preferably a 600-650W PSU for the R9 390. The EVGA SuperNOVA G2 series are great. 750W is overkill for either card.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

12 minutes ago, REDPILL said:

reason for 970:

- nvidia features

- less power consumption

reason for 390:

- slightly better performance in games

- slightly lower cost(?)

- more vram

the rest is as hkzerofive says

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

27 minutes ago, REDPILL said:

I am building  a PC build for the first time I need tips help please right now I am stuck on the MSI R9 390 & the MSI GTX 970 I will be playing 1080p mostly I do not know which one to go with, I will be PC gaming mostly I do not like my Xbox one anymore and I want the Oculus Rift 2 I will be hooking up my PC to my big screen TV it gets 120 HZ I am going to buy the I5 6600 k,motherboard m7 gaming 6g per second, 750 watt power supply gold, Samsung 250 Gb SSD card , I already have a thermaltake full tower case v71, WD black gaming hard drive 1tb, I saw a really cheap prices retailer's saying  it's new can I trust eBay I know about New Egg and I use Amazon sometimes or Microcenter & I want to know if I can get more than 30 FPS on my TV to I was going to buy a DisplayPort HDMI adapter will this help me get more FPS on my TV or for gaming I will not be buying a monitor from now because I only have a budget for PC build and I like my TV a lot

For the price range of around $500AUD, it's basically always the r9 390. Or if you're willing to spend a bit more, go with the R9 390X2. This has 2 GPUs and a massive 16GB of GDDR5

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

reason for 970:

- nvidia features

- less power consumption

reason for 390:

- slightly better performance in games

- slightly lower cost(?)

- more vram

the rest is as hkzerofive says

Agree with this...

Have an R9 390 and love it, does run hot, and likes the power. Even with my 850w psu I don't know if x-firing two would work. If it did then overclocking would probably be out the window at that point. I think even with my experience I have with my 390, if you offered to swap for a two month old EVGA 970, I'd do it. I really don't like the heat this GPU puts off during an overclock.

That said, it will do 1080 ultra settings and reach very high fps, depending on the game. Have a 144hrz monitor and see the fps always between 90-144, pretty rare to see it drop below that unless you turn on super sampling or some setting that eats up frames.

This is what i came up with, you never gave us your budget so, yea.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jzK3Vn

If your just going to put your OS on the SSD then you dont need 250gb. Plus your not going to notice the minimal performance difference between this ssd and the samsung.

I'd rather error on the side of to much power with the PSU in case you need it in the future

CPU cooler should allow for good overclocking while keeping it cool

I have 16gb of the same ram, 8gb is definitely enough, max I've ever used is 5 during gaming. Great ram btw, you can oc the shit out of it if you want.

Picked the MSI 970 cause it comes with The Division as of now. A little more bang for the buck.

My budget is about $1,200 for the PC build what about eBay is it ok to buy from them are they like Newegg and Amazon and what about my FPS on my TV  ,does the TV matter at all about FPS is it really just about the PC build that I build I was going to get a 750 watt gold because in the future I would like to buy the 980 TI when I buy a 4k monitor but that will be for a while though, right now the MSI GTX 970 is the cheapest but the MSI R9 390 has 8 gigs of RAM I was thinking that would be good for the future gaming and I might buy a liquid cooler if I buy the MSI R9 390

9 minutes ago, REDPILL said:

My budget is about $1,200 for the PC build what about eBay is it ok to buy from them are they like Newegg and Amazon and what about my FPS on my TV  ,does the TV matter at all about FPS is it really just about the PC build that I build I was going to get a 750 watt gold because in the future I would like to buy the 980 TI when I buy a 4k monitor but that will be for a while though, right now the MSI GTX 970 is the cheapest but the MSI R9 390 has 8 gigs of RAM I was thinking that would be good for the future gaming and I might buy a liquid cooler if I buy the MSI R9 390

If you're upgrading in the future, there's no need to "futureproof" (I hate the term since there's no such thing) now. Grab the GTX 970 now and upgrade to Polaris/Pascal - the GTX 980Ti will be outclassed by both by the time you upgrade.

BTW, the GTX 980Ti doesn't need 750W. 650W is fine.

You should probably use Ebay only when buying used parts. Newegg and Amazon are much better choices buying new.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

3 hours ago, REDPILL said:

hooking up my PC to my big screen TV it gets 120 HZ

this could pose a problem, since TV cant run over 60Hz natively. the other 60Hz is approximated from 2 real frames, so any fast action will look horrible. not sure if enabling vsync would fix this though.

3 hours ago, REDPILL said:

motherboard m7 gaming

the m7 board is overkill. m5, m3, or basically any mobo with the same chipset offers the exact same performance. The only thing youre paying for is features, more connecters, usb headers, pcie slots, etc.

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

Hi,I am building a new pc. Will this be a nice PC ? Can I play all the new games like witcher 3 at 60 fps at 1080p

PC specs

Fx 8320 overclecked to 4.8ghz

MSI 970 gaming motherboard

Gtx 970 4gb

Antec 750 wat full modular PSU

500 GB HDD

Corsair spec 01 

LG DVD writer

8gb RAM 1600mhz

Hyper 212 evo or deepcool lucifier CPU cooler