Hello guys,

I'm looking for a new laptop to buy, but not finding one... Maybe you could give me some advice?

1) Purpose of laptop : I'll mostly use the to browse the web, watch youtube, spotify. Next to that I want it to be able to do some leightweight, casual gaming, nothing fancy like BF4.

2) Requirements : Good build quality, more-than-FHD-display, 15-inch max

3) Max price tag : €1600/€1650

I'm not afraid of a macbook pro, the stunning build quality and beautiful display of it are amazing! Also the surfacebook looks appealing. I'm not into the €2200 pricetag of the razor blade.

So, I think I clearly explained what I want!

What do you guys think of me buying a mbp or a surfacebook (with dedicated GPU).

And do you have any other suggestions?

Greets

Purpose :

1. Everyday use + avg 30 FPS gaming :-  Lenovo G50-70 

2. Potato :- HP 15-ac132ne

3. Gaming :- Alienware 13  0956

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

@I am an SSD The potato laptop (lol) is way to weak and it probably has a bad looking display... The alienware could be an option buttttt I'm looking for a Razor Blade-kind of laptop but cheaper!

The razor blade has everything, an amazing GPU (for a laptop) , beautiful display and excellent build quality. I'm willing to pay in for the GPU, but display and build quality are key for me!

27 minutes ago, LouigiXIV said:

@I am an SSD The potato laptop (lol) is way to weak and it probably has a bad looking display... The alienware could be an option buttttt I'm looking for a Razor Blade-kind of laptop but cheaper!

The razor blade has everything, an amazing GPU (for a laptop) , beautiful display and excellent build quality. I'm willing to pay in for the GPU, but display and build quality are key for me!

A Mac is fine for your needs, but if you ever want to play games on it, you'll have to use bootcamp and get windows 10 on the Mac , makes a lot of difference. Mac  gives you a refined user experience and if you are not someone who tinkers around with their PC then this is for you. 

In terms of build quality this is the best. I would not recommend the surface Pro in this case.

However bear in mind that there are pretty good quality laptops for half the price, might skimp a little on the display, but will give you more raw performance for eg. gaming. 

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

A Mac is fine for your needs, but if you ever want to play games on it, you'll have to use bootcamp and get windows 10 on the Mac , makes a lot of difference. Mac  gives you a refined user experience and if you are not someone who tinkers around with their PC then this is for you. 

In terms of build quality this is the best. I would not recommend the surface Pro in this case.

However bear in mind that there are pretty good quality laptops for half the price, might skimp a little on the display, but will give you more raw performance for eg. gaming. 

At the price of a mbp there are definatly laptops with more raw power. Any suggestions?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

I would go windows if you are doing any gaming. The surface book is a good option though if you want more power an XPS 15 offers a quadcore and a 960m for a similar price as a surface book with a dedicated gpu.