Seagate STDE300 vs QNAP Ts-251

Hello,

I'm Stuck between these 2 NAS's just for home use. Mainly just data backup and archive but I may get into plex. There is like an $8 difference between the 2. The QNAP is a 2 Bay while the Seagate is a 4bay. I'm planning on using raid one but if I got with the 4 bay I might use Raid 5. 

If anyone has recommendations  that would be great.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

1 hour ago, ClownFace1511 said:

Hello,

I'm Stuck between these 2 NAS's just for home use. Mainly just data backup and archive but I may get into plex. There is like an $8 difference between the 2. The QNAP is a 2 Bay while the Seagate is a 4bay. I'm planning on using raid one but if I got with the 4 bay I might use Raid 5. 

If anyone has recommendations  that would be great.

For me I would always go with QNAP. I trust their products a lot and have used them widely. But only having 2 bays is rather limiting. You will have to way up what your data requirements are and if 6TB/8TB of usable space is enough (RAID 1).

I can't really say anything about Seagate NAS products since I've never used them but I would rate QNAP as a higher tier of product. This may not mean anything for your use case though so don't read too much in to it. Check reviews and make sure their are no common problems with the Seagate's.