What is the best solution for my small business?

eli_8

I have very little knowledge of the inner-workings, or where to even start for getting a Server or NAS for my small business. We currently have a sub-par windows home-group set up for sharing files, but it is not up to the standards that we need. We are an architecture firm, so we don't need large amounts of storage. What we need is something that is fast and convenient, that our employees (current 4 of them) can access wireless (but we don't mind cables if they are a must) or at home. Like I said I don't know much about this field of technology, but I do know that there are thousands of solutions to our problem, so I am just curious what you'd recommend and where to start. Thanks in advanced, I hope I'm asking this in the right place.

This is definitely the right place to ask! try watching some of linus' videos on this matter

Hope this helps as i am not the person to ask xD 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

Easiest thing for you to do is to buy a Synology NAS or a Thecus (some versions run Windows Server).

How fast do you need files to transfer? Are you trying to actively work on files stored on the NAS?

Sounds like you want a NAS.

Start by looking into NAS, you can either DIY or go white box.

And don't listen to linus about server stuff, he really doesn't always know what he's doing

12 hours ago, beavo451 said:

Easiest thing for you to do is to buy a Synology NAS or a Thecus (some versions run Windows Server).

How fast do you need files to transfer? Are you trying to actively work on files stored on the NAS?

I would say go with Synology. Their boxes are the easiest to configure and maintain, plus they have AMAZING remote access stuff for it.

My native language is C++

Go a NAS and either use built-in remote tools or one that you can install third party plugins on.
I have a Thecus NAS and on it I can install Owncloud (essentially a self-hosted dropbox) which allows me to sync files between mac/windows/linux/android/iOS

CPU: i5-6600k GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980Ti Ram: 16GB DDR4 SSD: Samsung 950Pro 512gb m.2