Evercool Buffalo 1366socket cooler fan replacement.

Vash Baldeus

Well first of all currently I don't have enough to buy a Noctua cooler, so I thought that replacing the original fan on my current one could give me a bit more quiet noise wise and maybe better airflow through the cooler.

My question is, should I get a noctua fan and replace the current one or just save up for a cooler?

Stampede

CPU: R9 5900X

COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

MOBO: X570 Aorus Pro (rev 1.2)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB

GPU: EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080

The hyper 212 Evo is a great cooler and probably costs just as much as a new noctua fan (at least in scotland). so the 212 Evo it totally worth it

P.S i think it supports 1336 but don't quote me on that.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

6 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

The hyper 212 Evo is a great cooler and probably costs just as much as a new noctua fan (at least in scotland). so the 212 Evo it totally worth it

P.S i think it supports 1336 but don't quote me on that.

I'll just quote your post xD

Anyway, I was thinking replacing the fan itself on the cooler.

And yea' if I will be replacing the cooler then it will definitely Noctua.

They are quiet, easy to install and mount, also easy to remove if needed.

Stampede

3 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I'll just quote your post xD

Anyway, I was thinking replacing the fan itself on the cooler.

And yea' if I will be replacing the cooler then it will definitely Noctua.

They are quiet, easy to install and mount, also easy to remove if needed.

Ok no worries :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

Just now, ProKeero said:

Ok no worries :P

The question is should I replace the fan meanwhile, or save up money for the cooler..

Stampede

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

The question is should I replace the fan meanwhile, or save up money for the cooler..

Unless its dieing you should save up for a cooler. 

2 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Unless its dieing you should save up for a cooler. 

It's alive, my issues is noise and temperature being a bit high..(reason GTX960) usually before I got it the temps were about 10 degrees lower.

And summer where I live is ruthless heat wise..

EDIT:

My dads rig,

I5 6600

16GB

GTX980

with Antec P100 & noctua cooler is so silent and cool you need to triple check if you turned it on..cause it's so quiet...

Stampede

If You hate noise then yea replace the fan if you really hate it. whatever works for you dude :P