Have a Hot 4440 i5 Haswell need help

mdhofstee
Go to solution Solved by MechanicalEngineer,

Check that the CPU heatsink is seated properly with the pins coming all the way through on the other side of the motherboard.

Sounds dumb, but it's surprising how many times it happens, stock Intel coolers are prone to this issue because they're a bitch to install properly.

I have a 4440 that is being thermal throttled as it is running near 100C.  I did not know that it was happening.  My current system is using one front 12cm fan, a side 12cm fan both pulling air into the system.  I plan on putting a 8cm fan in the back to pull air out the back.  I am currently running no GPU but if I do I may go nvidia 960 or a 950 as my old 560 decided to bite the dust.  I am running the stock Intel cooler so I am thinking of an EVO or a Noctua cpu fan but want to hear your thoughts.  My case is a VIVO CASE-V01 ATX Mid Tower Case so I do have some limited space.  If you guys have any thoughts please let me know. 

My System

I5 4440, 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 500GB 850evo SSD, 500GB Green WD, 3TB Green WD, 1050Ti, and more fun fun!

Check that the CPU heatsink is seated properly with the pins coming all the way through on the other side of the motherboard.

Sounds dumb, but it's surprising how many times it happens, stock Intel coolers are prone to this issue because they're a bitch to install properly.

I love the case design but I saw the issue when I opened it up.  I thought I had it seated right but hey I love fixing my PC with it still running. :)

My System

I5 4440, 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 500GB 850evo SSD, 500GB Green WD, 3TB Green WD, 1050Ti, and more fun fun!