Question about server cabinets

Go to solution Solved by JurijPietrowicz,

Internal rails are always 19 inches. The only thing that could differ is depth.

So I have been tinkering with my server build part list, wanted a nicer case and decided to get a proper cabinet over the open frame I planned on getting at first, I think they look nicer as well as a bit of noise dampening.

my question is, is the length from left to right a universal distance? I mean I know they are called 19 inch cabinets, but the sizes all seem to be slightly different, 4-5cm at most.

Say if I bought this: https://www.xcase.co.uk/free-standing-rackmount-cabinets/x-case-x-cab-free-standing-rackmount-cabinet-22u-800mm-deep-195-00-x-case.html

to go with the case: https://www.xcase.co.uk/4u-rackmount-server-cases/x-case-rm-424-pro-24-bay-hotswap-6gb-sgpio-backplane-single-or-redundant-psu-s-389-00-x-case.html

would a UPS and a switch all just fit? or do I need to shop around to ensure I get ones with exact dimensions?

Internal rails are always 19 inches. The only thing that could differ is depth.

hence why I want the 800mm deep cabinet, not found anything bigger than that, thanks!

There is some tolerance between the centers of screw holes width-wise, for both rack components and the racks themselves. I've had several situations with fullheight racks where we installed multiple components (servers, switches, routers, cable management units, etc) and when we went to install the last thing the screws just didn't line up by a few mm. In those cases all you have to do is loosen up the mounting screws of the other components in the rack a half turn or so, so that you can get the new item lined up properly. Then you can retighten everything.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Also if you're seeing a difference in specs of 4-5cm between racks, one or more of the specs must be showing the external width.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: