how do I keep dust down and limit it from going into my pc?

txmgrxce

I want to have less dust in my system, how can I remove dust from the air/ stop it from getting into my pc?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Pressure dynamics can be your boon or your downfall in this matter.  The theory is if your case exhaust flow is higher than your intake, you create a situation where air may be entering at all points where gaps exist -- from filtered ingress to corners, to gaps in CD trays, etc., where if you instead push air into your case with greater pressure, you can not only filter it at that point, but it keeps the airflow and dust from entering at gaps, or other locations.

Like everyone else has said, have more intake than exhaust. Stops dust from getting sucked in all the little gaps in your case.

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

This how i set my fans. Its slightly negative pressure. I have almost no dust at all. I cleaned it out today couldent see any dust inside.

All the fans have filters except for the rear fan. I tried to turn the rear fan to exhaust with filter. But my temperature vent up so this is perfect balance of airflow.

If you're case dont support filters. Buy Demciflex dust filters. They are easy to mount. Make no noise and keep everything clean. You don't need it on exhaust.

fan.png

6 minutes ago, xgn said:

This how i set my fans. Its slightly negative pressure. I have almost no dust at all. I cleaned it out today couldent see any dust inside.

All the fans have filters except for the rear fan. I tried to turn the rear fan to exhaust with filter. But my temperature vent up so this is perfect balance of airflow.

If you're case dont support filters. Buy Demciflex dust filters. They are easy to mount. Make no noise and keep everything clean. You don't need it on exhaust.

fan.png

I currently have 2 front intake, 1 top exhaust and 1 rear exhaust l. The case I have is a bitfinex shinobi black

6 minutes ago, txmgrxce said:

I currently have 2 front intake, 1 top exhaust and 1 rear exhaust l. The case I have is a bitfinex shinobi black

So ideal is filter on all except for the rear one. Top filter is only so floating dust dosen't get inside.

Also positive pressure generally build up less dust.