Question G3258 MoBo

Hey guys so i have a question that need your help, to make things short my Current Build is Running Like a Dream PC for Me doing what i want always at a 100% but was wondering if i'm just spending more cash in this venture.

So i have a MSI H81M-P33 MoBo? will i benefit more or less if i get this MoBo currently Here in my Country and Location with a Price of $87.79 and i can claim a discount worth of $15-20 Price cut is the ASRock Z97 Anniversary going to give me more Performance? or should i just keep my cash and just buy a Decent Gaming Monitor? currently saving up for a BenQ XL2420G a G-Sync Ready 144Hz Monitor?

With this MoBo on a Stock Cooler i got the G3258 stable at 4.3Ghz on a 1.2Volts temps on Prime95 stay under 65C on Gaming (Dota 2 and CS:GO) Temps go over 50C but under 55C.

FPS on my Games with Max Setting Dota 2 goes 80-120FPS and CS:GO gusto go 100FPS and go up and up and up and up....

i was hoping that if i ever get a ASRock Z97 Anniversary i can still push more on my G3258 and make this chip my Gaming Rig a Much much much more Good Value. 

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB

I doubt it'll make a big difference. I also doubt getting 144 fps (in other games) with an old dual core without bottlenecking. I'm speculating here but maybe someone with better experience with the hardware could answer.

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)

IMO, unless you're planning on upgrading to a Haswell i5 or i7, I wouldn't change. If you're stable at 4.3GHz with 1.2v pumping in, you've got a lot of headroom to go for 4.4, 4.5, maybe even higher. The G3258 can handle peak stress test temps of 80-85C, though I personally wouldn't push higher than 80. If you're only at 65C on P95 (consider using a different stress test like OCCT or AIDA64, btw) and your mobo will let you take the voltage as high as 1.3v, you've got all you need for a G3258 and then some.

As to the monitor, what type of GPU are you running? No point spending all that money on a 144Hz monitor if your GPU can only handle 70-80 FPS on 1080p at the quality levels you play with. That said, DOTA2 and CS:GO aren't exactly GPU-intensive resource hogs...

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, Guilty Baby said:

I doubt it'll make a big difference. I also doubt getting above 60 fps (in other games) with an old dual core without bottlenecking. I'm speculating here but maybe someone with better experience with the hardware could answer.

true i tested games like The Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider i can say on high setting it will not go above 60fps, but go try dota 2 on your system and see what fps you get even CSGO. and you might see why i did not go with i5 cause for a $55 Dollar CPU compare to a $150+ i5 and i only Play Competitive Games ill go with a Performance to Value Choice. but thanks

GAMING RIG

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

IMO, unless you're planning on upgrading to a Haswell i5 or i7, I wouldn't change. If you're stable at 4.3GHz with 1.2v pumping in, you've got a lot of headroom to go for 4.4, 4.5, maybe even higher. The G3258 can handle peak stress test temps of 80-85C, though I personally wouldn't push higher than 80. If you're only at 65C on P95 (consider using a different stress test like OCCT or AIDA64, btw) and your mobo will let you take the voltage as high as 1.3v, you've got all you need for a G3258 and then some.

As to the monitor, what type of GPU are you running? No point spending all that money on a 144Hz monitor if your GPU can only handle 70-80 FPS on 1080p at the quality levels you play with. That said, DOTA2 and CS:GO aren't exactly GPU-intensive resource hogs...

Dota 2 Reborn on 1080p Settings on Max Setting (FPS 120) the Dota 2 Reborn has a FPS Cap of 120, when on Fight Scene FPS go 90-100 but go back up real quick. No shutter but i can see Screen Tearing so Hard... i mean i can even count them but i can still play Fine no Performance Issue.

CS:GO is just quite a simple game my FPS go 160+ so i got that

EVGA GTX950 2GB FTW is my GPU.

GAMING RIG

I have a 4GB GTX 960 and my G3258 bottlenecked it, so I think you've hit the sweet spot on GPUs for a Pentium. For the games you play, that CPU+GPU combo will serve you well. Go for the monitor imo. One less peripheral to buy if you do go for a higher-end CPU+GPU down the line.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

If you're all about currently mainstream competitive gaming then I guess the monitor is you best choice. You'll be able to see more frames and react faster in CS:GO and not be distracted by screen tearing. I honestly don't think it'll make a huge difference (a few ms if you have good reaction time) and it really goes against the ideal of value considering how expensive it is relative to your rig. The mobo change will probably not matter since you probably running the lowest settings for maximum competitive visibility. You might be able to squeeze a few frames but you are already on triple digits so meh.

If I were you I would save up for a overall better upgrade. I've seen a lot of youtubers play with a 60hz monitor anyway. 

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I have a 4GB GTX 960 and my G3258 bottlenecked it, so I think you've hit the sweet spot on GPUs for a Pentium. For the games you play, that CPU+GPU combo will serve you well. Go for the monitor imo. One less peripheral to buy if you do go for a higher-end CPU+GPU down the line.

i search high and low about gpu compatibility and i seen alot of people paired there G3258 GTX960 2GB SSC and they get poor performance but some people compare G3258+750Ti and G3258+960 for some odd reason the 750Ti get more performance so when i search about the new GTX950 more likely some people pointed it out that it might or might not be a renaming for the 750Ti with more Cuda "im not saying this is right i just read alot of comments and watch alot i mean alot of video before buying my parts"

i really don't know some people keeps telling me that if you want a good Overclocking Experience go with a Z97 i really have no intention of buying a new MoBo but if this can be really a good upgrade with a small about of cash i can drop i might buy this just for the chipset it self but i really i'm just starting to learn PC Gaming again cause i been Gaming on a Laptop for 3-5 years now....

GAMING RIG

6 minutes ago, Guilty Baby said:

If you're all about currently mainstream competitive gaming then I guess the monitor is you best choice. You'll be able to see more frames and react faster in CS:GO and not be distracted by screen tearing. I honestly don't think it'll make a huge difference (a few ms if you have good reaction time) and it really goes against the ideal of value considering how expensive it is relative to your rig. The mobo change will probably not matter since you probably running the lowest settings for maximum competitive visibility. You might be able to squeeze a few frames but you are already on triple digits so meh.

If I were you I would save up for a overall better upgrade. I've seen a lot of youtubers play with a 60hz monitor anyway. 

thanks the only reason i been thinking is they say that G Sync is really really really good but for a cost, Currently i'm using a 22" IPS 1080p Monitor i'm Doing fine but this monitor is already showing age i mean it have problem but still usable.

Thanks for your Feedback...

GAMING RIG