Will putting a healthy gpu with a card that artifacts in sli work?

Sebbydo

Hey I have a gtx 770 2gb card that works completely fine and also have a 770 that artifacts. If I put the two cards in sli will it work?

Maybe but it seams like you should just try it and see as you have the cards.

1 minute ago, jcw150 said:

Maybe but it seams like you should just try it and see as you have the cards.

I would but I have my pc in a brief case.(monitor in the lid and guts in the bottom) It makes it ways easier to take it around. just one cable tho plug in. And obviously a brief case doesn't have proper standoffs and stuff so it is really hard to get components out to test. For example, I just put a closed loop liquid cooler in and my pc was down for just under a week instead on 10 mins.

15 minutes ago, Sebbydo said:

Hey I have a gtx 770 2gb card that works completely fine and also have a 770 that artifacts. If I put the two cards in sli will it work?

how about you give it a try and then tell us the result? o.O

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

10 minutes ago, Sebbydo said:

I would but I have my pc in a brief case.(monitor in the lid and guts in the bottom) It makes it ways easier to take it around. just one cable tho plug in. And obviously a brief case doesn't have proper standoffs and stuff so it is really hard to get components out to test. For example, I just put a closed loop liquid cooler in and my pc was down for just under a week instead on 10 mins.

Why.....

1 minute ago, jcw150 said:

Why.....

Because everything is on weird custom mounts and I underestimated the flexibility of the tubes of the cooler so I had to think of a different solution.

5 minutes ago, Sebbydo said:

Because everything is on weird custom mounts and I underestimated the flexibility of the tubes of the cooler so I had to think of a different solution.

I mean why is it in a briefcase?

Just now, jcw150 said:

I mean why is it in a briefcase?

I travel to friends a lot and move my pc around in my house a lot as well. I also has more character which sets me apart from other people. (I like to be a bit different)