Magic the Gathering Thread!

Aaanum1

What do you mean "what kind of player"?

@Aaanum1

Style or what color/class your deck is. (I'm new to Magic the Gathering, I just play with friends)

Hello. Here are some words.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.234.146.76:3062/

Style or what color/class your deck is. (I'm new to Magic the Gathering, I just play with friends)

Right now I am running a white/blue flying, detain deck and a black/green bloodrush, unleash deck. They are pretty unfinished as I haven't played much since my old deck went out of standard. It was a mono white myr token artifact spam deck which stomped the shit out of every deck I ever played with it. It is sadly deconstructed at the moment :(

This may sound weird but if you ever want any practice/ help with cards to add to deck then pm me and we can like skype duel, I do it with my buddy that lives over in Britain and it is pretty fun.

Right now I am running a white/blue flying, detain deck and a black/green bloodrush, unleash deck. They are pretty unfinished as I haven't played much since my old deck went out of standard. It was a mono white myr token artifact spam deck which stomped the shit out of every deck I ever played with it. It is sadly deconstructed at the moment :(

This may sound weird but if you ever want any practice/ help with cards to add to deck then pm me and we can like skype duel, I do it with my buddy that lives over in Britain and it is pretty fun.

Haha, might do, I'm still using an intro deck whilst I establish my playing style.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

Haha, might do, I'm still using an intro deck whilst I establish my playing style.

That is the absolutely best way to start as there are good decks to be built off of every starter deck. There is actually a couple really really really good decks that can be built just from buying like 3-4 of the same start decks. Both of my current decks are built off of starters if that says anything.

That is the absolutely best way to start as there are good decks to be built off of every starter deck. There is actually a couple really really really good decks that can be built just from buying like 3-4 of the same start decks. Both of my current decks are built off of starters if that says anything.

So, how exactly does a Skype game work?

So, how exactly does a Skype game work?

Well how mean and my friend do it is we just point our webcams down at our desks and can see each others cards that we play. I mean there is some level of trust as you could easily cheat but we play to actually play/practice so there is no point to cheat. If there are any cards that like have super long/small text that is hard to read on webcam then we just type/tell each other what they do.

Well how mean and my friend do it is we just point our webcams down at our desks and can see each others cards that we play. I mean there is some level of trust as you could easily cheat but we play to actually play/practice so there is no point to cheat. If there are any cards that like have super long/small text that is hard to read on webcam then we just type/tell each other what they do.

Hm, okay, sounds a lot simpler and than what I thought you would have to do.

Hm, okay, sounds a lot simpler and than what I thought you would have to do.

Yea it is pretty simple lol, just like playing irl almost. I forgot to ask, what starter deck are you running?

Yea it is pretty simple lol, just like playing irl almost. I forgot to ask, what starter deck are you running?

Fire and Poison, sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology but I have only played 2 games.

Fire and Poison, sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology but I have only played 2 games.

it is cool haha, generally you just refer to what type by the "color" of the mana, so like your would play black/red. But since you deck is the still actual starter deck do you still have to box with the name on it?

it is cool haha, generally you just refer to what type by the "color" of the mana, so like your would play black/red. But since you deck is the still actual starter deck do you still have to box with the name on it?

Death Reaper, is what it says on the box.

I'm a get drunk with friends type. I don't play in tournaments or spend insane amounts of money on cards. I got the decks from the Alara block so we could throw a match or two when I have friends over. I play blue+black for maximum trolling.

Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Naga 2012 - Naga - Tiamat 2.2 - Electra - Nostromo - Manticor - Scarab - Mouse Bungee - Hoodie - Messenger Bag - Keyboard Bag - L33T Pack - Synapse - Comms - Game Booster 

I'm a get drunk with friends type. I don't play in tournaments or spend insane amounts of money on cards. I got the decks from the Alara block so we could throw a match or two when I have friends over. I play blue+black for maximum trolling.

Haha, sounds fun.

Haha, sounds fun.

It's funny when you get buzzed enough, you forget what some cards do and find yourself reading it like five times just so the game could move on.

Also when you play with more than two players and one guy gets ganged up on, friendships break and are immediately fixed by brandy or whiskey.

You should try it :D

Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Naga 2012 - Naga - Tiamat 2.2 - Electra - Nostromo - Manticor - Scarab - Mouse Bungee - Hoodie - Messenger Bag - Keyboard Bag - L33T Pack - Synapse - Comms - Game Booster 

Death Reaper, is what it says on the box.

Ahh ok, I'm familiar with that deck. It is one of the worst starter decks of m14 but can become crazy crazy good with some new cards.

It's funny when you get buzzed enough, you forget what some cards do and find yourself reading it like five times just so the game could move on.

Also when you play with more than two players and one guy gets ganged up on, friendships break and are immediately fixed by brandy or whiskey.

Age is a bitch!

LMFAO the same shit happens to me and my friends, I will literally get to the point to where if I don't understand the card after the first few times of reading I just give up and wait for my buddy to just be like "haha you dumbass" and fuck me with it xD

Ahh ok, I'm familiar with that deck. It is one of the worst starter decks of m14 but can become crazy crazy good with some new cards.

It seems alright, I lost both games with though! I did change a few cards with ones I got in the 2 boosters, but not much. Found a Mythic Rare in one of the boosters, but I don't have the right mana.

Age is a bitch!

I'm 25, thank you xD

LMFAO the same shit happens to me and my friends, I will literally get to the point to where if I don't understand the card after the first few times of reading I just give up and wait for my buddy to just be like "haha you dumbass" and fuck me with it xD

Get that, plus alcohol. In a group of drunk computer nerds acting like fratboys. Crazy stuff.

I'm 25, thank you xD

Get that, plus alcohol. In a group of drunk computer nerds acting like fratboys. Crazy stuff.

I was referring to myself when you said, "You should try it"

It seems alright, I lost both games with though! I did change a few cards with ones I got in the 2 boosters, but not much. Found a Mythic Rare in one of the boosters, but I don't have the right mana.

Well the festering newt combo is just fluff and it takes up a large portion of the deck so that usually get taken out (3X Festering Newt, 1X bogbrew witch, 1X bubbling cauldron) but as you don't have the cards to replace then obviously keep yours in. You want to grab two more Tenacious Dead, and a couple other sacrifice creature cards that I can't think of the name at the moment. Pretty much what the deck ends up doing is sacrificing Tenacious Dead every turn to buff the shit out of your cards and to negate enemy attacks and then you just bring your tenacious dead back to the battlefield with it's effect.