My First PC Build-- CPU help??

I am thinking of building my first pc for gaming, but im not sure which CPU I should get. I'm going to be using my computer for gaming and surfing the web mainly. I'm not going to be doing video rendering or anything like that. My budget for my cpu is about $100 to $110 max. I was thinking between the Intel Pentium G3258 which I would OC or the AMD FX 6300 which I could OC as well. (I would be using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo to cool the cpu) I would like to play mainly FPS games like CS :GO, Metro Last Light, COD BO3, BF4, Crysis ect. It would also be nice if I could play GTA V as well. If I pair each one of them with an EVGA GTX 960 SSC Edition, would I be able to run those games in 1080p in medium to max settings above 30FPS? And if so, which one would be better for what I'm using it for. 

i have a a10 7850k with gpu disabled and a 380 and i can easily get 90+ in bf4 with mild oc.  there is a athlon x4 which is essentally the same processor as i have but without graphics for about 70 last time i checked

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

$99.99$149.00Prime
Get it by Friday, Mar 11

More Buying Choices

This is a really decent chip that falls within your budget. keep in mind that it does get a bit toasty
Free Hitman Game Code See Details
Product Description
... AMD FX 6-Core Processor, Unlocked, Black Edition. AMD's next-generation ...