PC crashing randomly when streaming

CGurrell

A friend of mine streams using his PC (specs below). After about 2 hours of streaming, his PC crashes, then crashes more regularly after that. He's changed out his PSU, he's done a TIM change and cleaned out his fan filters, yet is still getting freezes. We though initially that his temps were really high when using one software (can't remember which one), but when switching to AMDs own temperature monitoring software, the temps are fine. If anyone has any info for him, let me know and I'll pass everything on. As far as I'm aware, nothing is overclocked at all, he uses OBS to stream and the PC only seems to crash when streaming, so OBS may be the issue. I'm leaning towards a software issue or possible bad RAM at this point

Specs:

CPU: AMD A10 7850K Kaveri 3.7GHz

GPU: ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 960

RAM: 16 GB HyperX DDR3

MB: MSI A88XM Gaming FM2/FM2+

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 850W

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

What do you mean by crash, does the computer blue screen?

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

5 minutes ago, ClownFace1511 said:

What do you mean by crash, does the computer blue screen?

Ok so I asked, he said the screens just freeze but stay on, the lights on his Corsair RGB Keyboard are normaly on the rainbow wave effect, that freezes, as does his mouse lighting. It's kinda hard to explain but it's like everything just hangs, and he has to pull the plug or hold his power button down to reboot

EDIT: His PC just blue screened, different to normal but at least gives an error 

CdGXbTCW8AAEL3w (1).jpg

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

What i would recommend doing is running verifier. This will blue screen your computer when it finds something wrong with the drivers.

Scroll down to the second reply and follow the steps: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142907-bsod-using-verifier-exe.html

I have used this on systems before and it works really well. Once you blue screen take note of the error code, also download BlueScreenView and it will open the bluescreen dump file. From there the errors will be highlighted in red. Type those errors into google to find a solution and it should fix your problems. This is a lengthy process but if you do it correctly it will work.

Also run cmd as admin and type in sfc /scannow . See if that will come up with any errors. From what it sounds like you probably have some bad drivers.

Thanks ClownFace1511, I'll have him do that asap. I've already recommended the sfc /scannow too so we're on the right track at least :)

8 minutes ago, CGurrell said:

Thanks ClownFace1511, I'll have him do that asap. I've already recommended the sfc /scannow too so we're on the right track at least :)

BlueScreenView will show you the errors, hopefully its 1 or 2 issues. Once you fix those something else may arise. Hopefully once you fix the first issues you should be fine. Once you think you have fixed everything leave verifier running for a few days and see what happens. If its not triggering then open verifier back up and choose the option to delete all settings.

It should work out.