I don't think my PC is performing to the best of it's ability

I just built a new PC and everyone told me that I had amazing specs and would easily get great graphics. That's not really the case now that it's built. In CS:GO I can get around 100 on de_dust2 with every setting on low or very low. With max settings I can get 20... I have a GeForce GTX 970 graphics card and an Intel i5 6600K processor.I also have 16 GB of DDR4 RAM. I need some advice because I highly doubt that I'm getting the performance that I payed for. 

Make sure you installed GPU drivers correctly and are using the Video outputs of your GPU, and not your motherboard.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

it could be that the GPU was a defective one. i had that same problem with a client buildand when i swapped out the GPU volla no more problem 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Sorry for being the one to ask the stupid question, but...

Did you plug your video cable into your graphics card? Most people their first time building a PC plug it into the motherboard, if you do that, you're only getting the integrated GPU of the 6600K, and not the 970.

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, MilkJugg24 said:

Sorry for being the one to ask the stupid question, but...

Did you plug your video cable into your graphics card? Most people their first time building a PC plug it into the motherboard, if you do that, you're only getting the integrated GPU of the 6600K, and not the 970.

THANK YOU!!!! I USED TO GET 10-15 FPS IN BENCHMARKS NOW I GET 100-150!

4 hours ago, masterblocky50 said:

THANK YOU!!!! I USED TO GET 10-15 FPS IN BENCHMARKS NOW I GET 100-150!

My friend did the exact same thing, glad it's fixed. :)

Spoiler