Computer Freezing causing me to hard reset.

ozisike

For this past month my computer has been messing up ALOT. I built my computer 6 months ago and its been find ever since. Doesnt matter what im doing my computer will give me a black screen and make a sound (like This)

It mostly acts up when on a game, But it occurs while browsing too. At first i was like "Oh its my card" but after testing some i started to doubt that. All day yesterday i was able to play a game with 0 crashing, I get on the next day hoping it was fixxed but nope i crash again, And its so random. I just played a game for 3 hours, Got off the game and tried to open a diff game and boom crash. So now i think its my PSU but im not sure, The guy in the video said it was his but i need to make sure its my PSU before i waste money. Here is a ss showing some voltages, Here is my CBS log, Here is speccy link, Here Is my system. I resintalled windows, Set bios to default, Updated my BIOS+Drivers AND windows, Ran memtest+ All night, No errors.

7 minutes ago, ozisike said:

For this past month my computer has been messing up ALOT. I built my computer 6 months ago and its been find ever since. Doesnt matter what im doing my computer will give me a black screen and make a sound (like This)

It mostly acts up when on a game, But it occurs while browsing too. At first i was like "Oh its my card" but after testing some i started to doubt that. All day yesterday i was able to play a game with 0 crashing, I get on the next day hoping it was fixxed but nope i crash again, And its so random. I just played a game for 3 hours, Got off the game and tried to open a diff game and boom crash. So now i think its my PSU but im not sure, The guy in the video said it was his but i need to make sure its my PSU before i waste money. Here is a ss showing some voltages, Here is my CBS log, Here is speccy link, Here Is my system. I resintalled windows, Set bios to default, Updated my BIOS+Drivers AND windows, Ran memtest+ All night, No errors.

are you using your GPU with molex adapters?

4 minutes ago, FurryZx said:

are you using your GPU with molex adapters?

2 8 pins if i remember correctly

Just now, ozisike said:

2 8 pins if i remember correctly

PSU issue

1 minute ago, FurryZx said:

PSU issue

Thank god it isnt a mobo or card issue, Can you recommend a good psu for my build? im shit at stuff with that.Also any way to live with it for now? Like can i edit the voltages so i c an play games till my new psu comes in?>

Just now, ozisike said:

Thank god it isnt a mobo or card issue, Can you recommend a good psu for my build? im shit at stuff with that.

wait, could be a mobo issue, if you can, RMA the GPU to be safe, if your CPU header is modular, try using a different cable, but very likely a PSU issue.

wait, could be a mobo issue, if you can, RMA the GPU to be safe, if your CPU header is modular, try using a different cable, but very likely a PSU issue.

Yeah ima RMA it tonite, Ill buy a new PSU and if it persist its def the mobo?

Just now, ozisike said:

Yeah ima RMA it tonite, Ill buy a new PSU and if it persist its def the mobo?

yeah.

yeah.

Okay thanks for the help, I'ma try to fix this issue.

36 minutes ago, jackm1120 said:

im betting on either PUS or Ram, try loosing a stick or two.

Okay i found something weird out When i open MSI After burning it works fine, But if i were to reopen it i freeze crash wtf lol okay ill remove a ram sttick next crash

11 minutes ago, ozisike said:

Okay i found something weird out When i open MSI After burning it works fine, But if i were to reopen it i freeze crash wtf lol okay ill remove a ram sttick next crash

try uninstalling msi afterburner and riva tuner statistics.  That has helped me in the same situation.  Also go online and download all available drivers. Gigabyte is notorious for their boards having problems without the proper chipset drivers.

5 minutes ago, jackm1120 said:

try uninstalling msi afterburner and riva tuner statistics.  That has helped me in the same situation.  Also go online and download all available drivers. Gigabyte is notorious for their boards having problems without the proper chipset drivers.

I have iobit driver updater, Is that not enough? o; what should i be looking for exactly

5 minutes ago, ozisike said:

I have iobit driver updater, Is that not enough? o; what should i be looking for exactly

no definetly not, infact i would recommend uninstalling that aswell. go to gigabytes website and find your motherboard and download the drivers, ill post a link in a sec

39 minutes ago, jackm1120 said:
20 minutes ago, jackm1120 said:
20 minutes ago, jackm1120 said:

here

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx?ck=2

enter your motherboard and at the bottom there will be a list of downloads for verious things

here is the download page for your drivers:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5498&dl=1&RWD=0#driver

here

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx?ck=2

enter your motherboard and at the bottom there will be a list of downloads for verious things

here is the download page for your drivers:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5498&dl=1&RWD=0#driver

Okay i updated, Ima go play a game and see if i crash

Working good so far, No crashes, Ill come back tomorrow and update, Good night!

No crashes today while my card was at -10% power, Put it at 0 time to test more.

Sooo when i put my card at -10% power, No crashes, But if i have it at 0% power i crash, Is it my card or PSU?

put your card in another computer, if no crashes, replace psu

9 minutes ago, MisterK said:

put your card in another computer, if no crashes, replace psu

Dont have another system, No friend around me, Jus moved

Contacted my GPU Support to try and get a RMA and they gave me 3 files, Winflash, 324P060U.x5z, 324P0600.x5z <<< Someone wanna explain what im supose to be doing with those?

edit: DId wat the amd people told me too, Now the cards not working, I got ahold of another card and its working in my system fine, I guess it was my card after all