PS3 controller to PC malfunction

admiraleddy24

I want my to use my PS3 controller with my PC for steam. However whenever I plug it in(wired), I get the "connected" sound but it doesn't show up as if it's installing drivers, nor does it show up on Devices. What can I do? This is keeping me from installing the new drivers 

I'm not completely sure about this but I'm pretty sure that PS3 controllers aren't compatible with PCs. However there is a way to make it compatible by making the computer think it's an Xbox controller since they're are compatible.

Just now, Razer981 said:

I'm not completely sure about this but I'm pretty sure that PS3 controllers aren't compatible with PCs. However there is a way to make it compatible by making the computer think it's an Xbox controller since they're are compatible.

Well yeah but first the computer has to recognize it as a device. Mine isn't doing that I don't know how to fix it. 

search on youtube for better ds3 na dyou will find multiple videos on how to hook a ps3/ps4 controller up to a pc bother wired and wireless

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Yeah but the other one doesn't work too well. This is my last remaining one on my laptop. It worked before. I was installing the Xbox drivers... But then something happened to where the controller didn't function correctly. So I deleted the programs. And uninstalled the PS3 control from the device manager. Now I'm stuck like this. With my computer not recognizing it at all. 

Just now, admiraleddy24 said:

Yeah but the other one doesn't work too well. This is my last remaining one on my laptop. It worked before. I was installing the Xbox drivers... But then something happened to where the controller didn't function correctly. So I deleted the programs. And uninstalled the PS3 control from the device manager. Now I'm stuck like this. With my computer not recognizing it at all. 

4 minutes ago, Razer981 said:

Have you tried plugging it into a different USB port?

1 minute ago, zzenigmaxzz said:

search on youtube for better ds3 na dyou will find multiple videos on how to hook a ps3/ps4 controller up to a pc bother wired and wireless

Lol i can't do any of those tutorials if my computer doesn't even know that a controller is connected. No way to install drivers for it. 

1 minute ago, admiraleddy24 said:

See if you can plug in the controller then go into device manager see if there is a device with a yellow triangle exclamation mark and install the drivers through there

you need to first install the xbox 360 controller driver, the videos all explain it, once you install those the controller will be detected

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

10 minutes ago, Razer981 said:

See if you can plug in the controller then go into device manager see if there is a device with a yellow triangle exclamation mark and install the drivers through there

No there's no device at all. Oh well