1st computer build help.

ben7on

Hi guys this is my first computer build and I was wondering if you could check my build out to see if there will be any bottle necks. I have already put it through PCpartpicker and there are no problems there.

I will be gaming in 1080p and don't need to run every game on ultra settings. I would like a bit of future proofing so I could run the new games coming out in the next couple of years. I mostly play League of Legends but am looking forward to playing all the games that came out from late 2014 until now(my laptop couldn't run them.) I am extremely excited for Dark Souls 3 and will be putting in a lot of time into that game.

Also the components available to me is limited due to me living in South Africa and ordering from America or UK will cost to much.

CPU: Intel i5-6600k 3.5GHz Quad Core

CPU Cooler: Raijintek Aidos Black Edition 92mm PWM 

GPU: Galax GTX 970 Extreme Overclock Black Edition (4GB GDDR5 256bit)(It's on special in my country)

Mobo: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 

Ram: G.Skill 2x8GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL15 1.20V

SSD: Kingston 120gb

HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm 6Gb/s

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 600W 80 Plus Gold Cerified

Case: Bitfenix Nova Mid-ATX White Windowed

Monitor: LG 25" UltraWide WFHD (2560x1080) 5ms response time

If you have any opinions, questions or ideas please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Which Corsair PSU is that exactly? There are some who do not approve of the use of certain Corsair PSUs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

Just now, ben7on said:

It is the 

Corsair CP-9020051-WW VS650 650W Desktop Power Supply.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cp9020051ww

So if you can find one thats available and is within your price point use this wonderful guide by one of the PSU people to find a reliable safe PSU. 

tl;dr Most people recommend SeaSonic and most EVGA PSU and others. But the post will tell you whats safe and whats not

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

4 minutes ago, ChasingPluto said:

So if you can find one thats available and is within your price point use this wonderful guide by one of the PSU people to find a reliable safe PSU. 

tl;dr Most people recommend SeaSonic and most EVGA PSU and others. But the post will tell you whats safe and whats not

Thanks, I think I will swop over to the Super Flower Golden Green HX 600W 80 Plus Gold

Power supply is not something you want to cheap out on. I made that mistake when I built my first PC and it worked fine with low power gear but I put an R9 290 in it and even though the wattage was high enough my PC was turning off under load and a funny smell from the PSU. Swapped it out for a Corsair HX750i and its been superb and I've moved it over to my new build :) 

6 minutes ago, Matty2hatty said:

OMG dont get that PSU it is so bad! get a quality XFX, EVGA, or a Seasonic.

I think I am going to change over to the Super Flower Golden Green HX 600W 80 Plus gold based on this post

STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist

2 minutes ago, Matty2hatty said:

Great PSU!

If you can afford go evga supernova g2 600

8 minutes ago, Matty2hatty said:

If you can afford go evga supernova g2 600

The online vendor I am using does not seem to stock it and the closest to it is over double my budgeted price