Cable Extensions or Speakers?

Rayve

What should I buy?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What should I buy?

• Cable Extensions (Silverstone Black/Blue)
    • Computer Speaker Set

So I have some money, (like $60), and I am shopping on Amazon for a replacement power supply fan. I want to get something else too.

The cables on my power supply are ugly. They have a solid 3 inches of ketchup and mustard cables exposed, with another 2 inches of shrink wrap. It's an eyesore. Cable extensions would solve that problem and beyond. For $32, I can get replacement graphics card and motherboard cables. I don't need a CPU extension since I cant really see it.

At the moment, I am using ear buds to listen to my computer. The sound quality on them is mediocre. These speakers look great, and apparently sound pretty good too.

So should I get new cables or new speakers? Vote in the poll or give me advice down below. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Rayve said:

So I have some money, (like $60), and I am shopping on Amazon for a replacement power supply fan. I want to get something else too.

The cables on my power supply are ugly. They have a solid 3 inches of ketchup and mustard cables exposed, with another 2 inches of shrink wrap. It's an eyesore. Cable extensions would solve that problem and beyond. For $32, I can get replacement graphics card and motherboard cables. I don't need a CPU extension since I cant really see it.

At the moment, I am using ear buds to listen to my computer. The sound quality on them is mediocre. These speakers look great, and apparently sound pretty good too.

So should I get new cables or new speakers? Vote in the poll or give me advice down below. Thanks.

More important to get better sound quality than better looks in my opinion. Also what's your PSU?

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

3 minutes ago, Rayve said:

if you dont have a case windows get the speakers,

honestly ignore the cables and and the better sounding music should distract your OCD :P

yo, be careful with that PSU fan. Don't touch shit you shouldn't touch or your could get ripped.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

4 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

yo, be careful with that PSU fan. Don't touch shit you shouldn't touch or your could get ripped.

seriously op, make sure you're wearing rubber on your feet, anti-static wristband, and don't touch anything that could kill you.

Go with the speakers. You will be using them for much more time than you spend staring at your PC.

8 minutes ago, shadmed said:

seriously op, make sure you're wearing rubber on your feet, anti-static wristband, and don't touch anything that could kill you.

i'd actually advice no one to do this ever, unless you seriously know what you are doing.

Instead, just get a new, semipassive PSU or something.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

15 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

well the power supply fan is on its last leg and sounds like dying monkeys. All I need to do I replace the fan

20 minutes ago, Jer45 said:

if you dont have a case windows get the speakers,

honestly ignore the cables and and the better sounding music should distract your OCD :P

I do have an S340, the one case that decides to showcase cables more than any others. I still think there is a spare computer speaker set in my house somewhere, and I'll try to find them before I make a purchase

1 minute ago, Rayve said:

well the power supply fan is on its last leg and sounds like dying monkeys. All I need to do I replace the fan

You do know though, that this involves opening the chassis of the PSU and revealing the electrical components inside?

Some of which, even with the PSU being unplugged from the wall, carry a whole shit ton of deadly electrity inside.

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

5 minutes ago, Bob Jim said:

Go with the speakers. You will be using them for much more time than you spend staring at your PC.

haha idk about that I do like to stare at my pc a lot but yeah

3 hours ago, Rayve said:

famous last words.

rip op.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:49 PM, shadmed said:

famous last words.

rip op.

it worked