Reference R9 390X

Matt_Twinkletoes

So I knew there wasn't a reference 390X but it looks like XFX is making one and haven't released it yet. I'm not sure if this is ready well known but I just found it out. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150767

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

We know

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

7 minutes ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

So I knew there wasn't a reference 390X but it looks like XFX is making one and haven't released it yet. I'm not sure if this is ready well known but I just found it out. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150767

But why would you want a reference cooler on that furnace?

ASU

I think XFX also sells the reference R9 290/x cooler on R9 390/x's as well. I have no idea why anyone would buy that though.

13 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

But why would you want a reference cooler on that furnace?

Only reason I would want to buy a reference card with a reference cooler, is for the guarantee factor that you will have a reference PCB so you can add a waterblock on it down the road. 

3 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Only reason I would want to buy a reference card with a reference cooler, is for the guarantee factor that you will have a reference PCB so you can add a waterblock on it down the road. 

ek has a list of non reference 3xx cards and what blocks fit on them. @iamdarkyoshi has a 390 with a waterblock, he knows more than I.

ASU

6 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105039

Well there is a listing for a reference Design R9 390...overpriced for what it is

That one comes with a PSU

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, Hackentosher said:

ek has a list of non reference 3xx cards and what blocks fit on them. @iamdarkyoshi has a 390 with a waterblock, he knows more than I.

XFX has a reference board so 290x blocks will work

EK also has a MSI block

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

He got one of the XFX model that was a reference PCB design before XFX put a taller inductor in which made the waterblock incompatible. 

And while yes there are a list of 3xx card with blocks that can fit...supplies are limited because manufacturers such as EK are more likely to make more quantity of the same product for a reference design PCB then say a custom PCB.