Bamboo Desk

ripper101

I bet it's just Laminated with a thin sheet of bamboo and the rest particleboard. Bamboo in and of itself is pretty tough; I was checking out bamboo cutting boards at Costco and they are pretty hard. IDK what they do to make them however.

Maybe it's just me and my bad experiences, but I *really* wouldn't trust something that flimsy looking with anything heavier than a laptop. Certainly not a full-size tower. I'd be very worried about the "mounts" for the legs and the board. Looks very thin for something that will have a lot of force. Then again I don't have this desk, not a carpenter, and can't see how the legs are actually mounted to the board.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Have not used the exact same table top, but the one i had seemed like solid bamboo and was tough as nails. No idea about the legs

16 minutes ago, ripper101 said:

So I want to order this bamboo desk from IKEA cause it's the only desk matching my dimensions needed. Is bamboo a good sturdy material for a computer desk? Also are the 4 dollar legs you can buy sturdy and will the table wobble?

Table: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80278287/

It's a very dense fibered wood and is excellent for counters or work surfaces, as for legs I personally would go for the more sturdy cabinets or wide legs that span the depth of the desk but the cheaper one that screw on do work. 

EDIT: One thing I do notice is in the details it mention filling material as particle board and paper where this may be just a veneered and edged table and not 100% solid bamboo.

Top/ Bottom: Bamboo, Clear acrylic lacquer
Frame: Bamboo
Filling material: Paper, Particleboard

Edited by W-L